Hatfields and McCoys II

overton

Long Time Member
The McCoys start dying soon.

2311idiot.jpg

Cuz are you trying to start up the feud again. Kerosene is getting to be high priced and we may need something else a mite cheaper.

RELH

The Hatfield's did make one big mistake. They failed to hunt down Perry Cline and shoot him. His greed caused him to stir up the hot blood in old Randal and prolonged that feud just because he wanted Devil's land that had not only had timber, but underground coal seams that was very valuable. I grin when they say only 12-13 family members were killed in that feud. Many bounty hunters made the mistake of crossing into Hatfield territory trying to collect on the rewards offered on Devil and Cap Hatfield. Many were not seen again and no bodies ever found.

No we are not hog stealers Jef. There was a fair trial presided over by a Hatfield judge and a jury of 6 McCoys and 6 Hatfields. Vote was 7-5 that was a Hatfield pig. Besides we ate the evidence, ribs were great.

On a side note, the McCoy that sided with the Hatfields was killed later by his own family. Going to get bloody now and you will learn about the use of kerosene.

RELH

From what I could tell?

Hatfields & McCoys should never Kiss & Reproduce between the two Breeds?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

LAST EDITED ON May-29-12 AT 07:26AM (MST)[p]"I'm ready to fulfill my wifely duties, but you'd better spill your seed outside because i cannot bare another child"

Great series, but pretty raw!! Lol

All I can say if some-one shoots me,I'm not going to just forget about it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I didn't get to watch it all.. Weston came in and its a but much for a 3 year old.. And I fell asleep before he did... Good thing I have dvr!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

"The McCoys start dying soon."

You don't have to get all excited Ransom. We know they die.

Gawd, those Hatfields are mean!

Eel

Eel, it's in the blood. Now you know the meaning of this old saying, "blood is thicker then water".

RELH

Sure is alot of GUT Shootin goin on?

And the man whore can't even shoot a murderer in the chest - has to say he shot over his head? WTH???

Wuss...

mevertsen, have you not lied while trying to get a little sex? Knowing if you told the truth she would shut you off pronto.

RELH

Hope this 3 part series comes out in DVD later, I missed the 1st half of the Part 1 because of the wife.
Is it over yet? Is it over yet?

Damn it almost went and got some kerosine myself.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

>Sure is alot of GUT Shootin
>goin on?
>
>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>
>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>TO ME!
>
>
>I've got Wild Honey Tree's and
>Crazy Little Weeds growin around
>my Shack!
>These Dusty Roads ain't streets of
>gold but I'm happy right
>where I'm at!
>All these Perty little Western Belles
>are a Country Boys Dream!
>
>They ain't got Wings or MM
>Halo's but they sure look
>good to me!
>

That's the way Ransom shoots his deer too.

Gut shooting in those days was nearly always fatal, just takes them longer to die and very painful.

RELH

>Hope this 3 part series comes
>out in DVD later, I
>missed the 1st half of
>the Part 1 because of
>the wife.
>Is it over yet? Is it
>over yet?
>
>Damn it almost went and got
>some kerosine myself.
>
>Brian
>http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Hey kilo!

I'd check the History Channel!

They played Part I several times last night,before & after they played Part II!

Makes Ya wonder if they all weren't Inter-Bred HillBillies from the start?

I'm sure RELH will Chew on me for that one!:D

Dumb show.

It's only redeeming social value is that, now we all know where the loudmouth loggers, gold miners, fishermen, oilfield workers......et al, who yell and scream at their employees, all originated from.

With the exception of about 5 real actors, the rest of those people were pulled off the street and needed no makeup, wardrobe, or acting lessons.

The best line......"We were in school together, the one year that I went" .......Classic!

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

You noticed that Line too Huh Nicky?

Like you said,He was just telling the Truth!:D

>Dumb show.
>
>It's only redeeming social value is
>that, now we all know
>where the loudmouth loggers, gold
>miners, fishermen, oilfield workers......et al,
>who yell and scream at
>their employees, all originated from.

I have to agree with you Don.. I was really looking forward to it and I was thinking it would be up there with Lonesome Dove or Wyatt Earp, etc.. WRONG!

Nickman;

So you think all those hillbillies were dumb. Starting with Devil Anse and going forward 3 generations. Devil Anse's lineage can show many doctors, lawyers,4-5 elected sheriffs or chief of police, members of Congress, and several state govenors. There is at lease 3-4 that were authors and published one or more books.

Can your lineage for the past 3 generation show that or exceed it.

RELH

overton, if I was related to the McCoys I would fly to Kona and toilet paper your house. Then I would cut all your trees down just like your kin did.

Eel

Eel, If that is Roy "The Mormon" guarding the Kona palace, you best be careful. Between a bunch of Baptist hillbillies and Mormon avenging angels, you havn't got a chance.

Cuz, I do agree with the gut shooting of certain members. There is just more then one way to gut shoot someone.

RELH

>Dumb show.
>
>It's only redeeming social value is
>that, now we all know
>where the loudmouth loggers, gold
>miners, fishermen, oilfield workers......et al,
>who yell and scream at
>their employees, all originated from.
>
>
> With the exception of about
>5 real actors, the rest
>of those people were pulled
>off the street and needed
>no makeup, wardrobe, or acting
>lessons.
>
>The best line......"We were in school
>together, the one year that
>I went" .......Classic!
>
>"I could eat a bowl of
>Alphabet Soup and
>sh!t a better argument than that!"
>

I have a suggestion -- DON'T WATCH IT! Stick to watching guys shooting deer from a baited blind, or bass fishing. Its much more realistic and entertaining.

So the gun at the pawnshop was it the real deal or what.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Roy is at the Kona house?
>There goes all your sea
>turtles.
>
>Eel

Dang it! Now it makes sense why Roy volunteered to go over and stand guard.

2311idiot.jpg

Gator, there wasn't enough evidence to say for certain it was a gun used during the feud, so Rick Harrison of the pawn shop passed. He wouldn't even make an offer.

Eel

So?

What was Won?

And what was Lost?

Took till 2003 to Smooth it out?

Tell ya one thing!

I'd of took care of Frank Phillips myself!

Dang! This feud thing must be hereditary........

Just in case you haven't been paying attention, the entire concept of the show is based on the fact that these people were idiots, criminals and neer-do-wells!

If you are actually related, you might be a little pissed about the portrayal.

That was your interpretation of it. As to being just criminals, you are basing that on today's standards. By that standard many of our best lawmen of the 1800's were outright murders. Different time and different rules apply here that you have choosen to overlook.

"Neer-do-wells" Devil Anse was one of the richest men in that area due to vast timber holdings. He was also very connected in politics. On his behalf the Gov. of West Virginia refused to extradite Devil Anse or any of his immediate family when Kentucky sent over extradition papers. When he died in 1922, many thousands attended his funeral. It is on record of having the largest attendance in those counties even today. Many political figures were in attendance.

You need to learn not to believe everything you see on T.V. they have a history of rewriting history and characters to fit their agenda of selling the movie. This was what the press did when they wrote about the feud in the 1800's and tried to make out the all the players as ignorant buffoons just out of the trees.

As for my relation, Devil Anse was my Great Grandfather. My Grandfather, Joe D. Hatfield was one of those elected sheriffs in Logan County during the late 20's and early 30's.

Now I will ask my question again. Does your family history reflect the achievements that was obtained by many "neer-do-wells" Hatfields that became doctors, lawyers, judges, sheriff's, chief of police, member of congress, and govenors during the past 3 generations.

RELH

Jef; Randal McCoy lost every one of his sons and two daughters if you count Rose Anna dying of a broken heart as most McCoys will tell you.

Devil Anse did not loose any members of his immediate family of wife, 9 sons and 4 daughters.

The movie was about 80% correct, they fudged a few things to give it more pizazz. The way it portrayed the timber cutting tresspass was incorrect. Perry Cline and Randal were caught trespassing and cutting down timber belonging to Devil Anse. Devil Anse filed a lawsuit and there was a court trial where Perry and Randal were found guilty and order to reimburse Devil Anse for the lost of his timber. They did not have the cash money and had to fortiture their land to Devil Anse to settle the law suit. This was what really started the hatred of Devil Anse by Perry Cline and Randal. The other things just greased the rails until the blowup at the election meeting.

Devil Anse possibly did not feel he would get justice in Kentucky for the killing of his brother by the three McCoy sons and used his own form of family justice of a eye for a eye. This type of justice was far more common in the 1800's then history lets on. It was very common in Texas and other parts of the West as well in the hills of kentucky and Virginia.

Body count the Hatfields won, in reality it was a tragedy that should not have happen, but thinking was different in those days as what was justice when a family member was harmed.

RELH

So RELH?

Did everybody just sit around and watch the McCoys kill(Stab & Shoot!) Devil's Brother like the movie showed?

I'd say back then there were some Goofy SOB's around!

Sad part is,there are still a bunch of Goofy SOB's around!

I know they were probably just doing what they could do but I don't believe I'd of left Cotton watchin the back door!

They sure had a grasp of the Enlish language for a bunch of hillbilly's???

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

RELH.........Excuse me for commenting on the feud, based on what is being presented on the History Channel.

Do you think you might be a little "over the top", based on your own knowledge of the people and events?

I guess I will apologise for stirring you up........just to end the MM feud.

As far as your persistence in the flaunting of your ancestors accomplishments, I am not sure I understand that line of thought.

It is somewhat like hanging someone else's mounted deer in your living room.

I prefer to know what it is that a man has done with his own life, that is what counts.

And, yes, I have several accomplished ancestors in my family. Robert Fulton, Kit Carson, several lawyers, doctors and dead Veterans from every war this country has ever fought.

So what? Everybody you know has those people in their family tree......and probably a bunch that they would rather not be aware of also.

LAST EDITED ON May-31-12 AT 11:17AM (MST)[p]Good! maybe in the future you will be a little more careful about two things.
1. Calling a intire family a bunch of "Neer-do-well" when you have no facts to back it up.

2. Depending on the T.V. to give you true facts and not what the agenda they may be selling.

I am going to go into one scene to show you how biased in some ways that movie was, then I am going to drop it also.

The last scene of the battle where the two forces met. The movie shows them as buffons that run into trees, can not organize a defense or offense. Yet Devil Anse and his son, Cap were both calvary captains in the Confederate militia and had battle experience. So did many members of the McCoys.

There was other scenes that were twisted to show a certain bias on the thinking of the producers. Oh by the way, it was not filmed in the U.S. It was filmed in Europe and those hillbilly extras you commented about, were European and not hillbillies at all.

Have a nice day.

RELH

P.S. If you still have problems knowing where I am coming from, just go back to your original post, #27, and that should refresh your memory where you put your foot in your mouth.

Geez Dude! WTF!!! Aren't we just getting a little hostile here? Should have seen it early on!

You are one of those twisted LEOs' who take an apology as a sign of weakness and decide to press your attack!

I take mine back and reiterate every statement I made about the show, the family history and the actors. If I have to take your crap, I want my 2 cents worth in play.

So, Hatfield or McCoy......you are obviously as disturbed as they were!

Have you had a psych eval lately?

LAST EDITED ON May-31-12 AT 02:33PM (MST)[p]I get a Feeling RELH is a Hatfield!:D

And maybe,Nicky is a McCoy?:D

Just sayin!

Maybe we should have an MM version of the Hatfields & McCoys?

Settle this Crap right here & right now!

All I wanna do is GUT Shoot Frank Phillips!

Hopin that doesn't Rile the Lil Beav Family though!:D

I guess it's not a big secret that I have Hatfield blood so I side with Cuz but Nickman is still welcome at my campfire. I'm not sure about Eel and Smutty because I think they may be McCoys and if that's the case they can go stand by 1911's fire at the clubhouse.

2311idiot.jpg

Nickman, the bottom line is that you were way out of line to insult not only a class of people on a public forum, but my family as well and you did not even know what you were talking about.
Would you have the guts to walk up to a stranger and tell him that his family sucks because they are "neer-do-wells" and a bunch of social misfits that yells and screams at their employees.

Somehow I feel that you would not do that in person, why do you do it on a public forum behind a computer screen, and then act offended when you get called on it.

yes I have had a psychological eval in the past as part of my job. I was deemed to be normal in all areas except for one. I was told that I had a high mistrust of people, but this was normal for cops who have been lied too and mislead by low lifes & criminals on a daily basis.

RELH

Turn the Volume up Hats & Coys!

Really?......actually the bottom line , as you put it, is that you have a SERIOUSLY over inflated sense of pride in this Hatfield/McCoy issue.

You sir, are the one acting offended here. I could care less, the show is not portraying MY family. What makes YOUR version more valid than what is shown on TV?

I doubt you can produce the post where I said the family "sucked". Although I did say they were criminals, neer-do-wells, murderers and .........whatever, I never said they "sucked"..........an omission on my part, that you were graciously trying to correct?

I based my OPINION on the facts presented by the show, whose producers are the ones you should be having this "fued" with. Apparently, according to you, they have taken "artistic license" to an upsetting degree.

I will stand by my OPINION regarding these illiterate, backwoods, hog rustlers.

I also stand by my OPINION that the show has certainly not lived up to the hype as was advertised.

My OPINION is every bit as valid as yours, especially given the fact that since you are related, you may have a tendency to embellish true historical context...........or rustle hogs!
"Hiding behind a computer screen"............now that's original!

I guess this means you will be dropping me off your Christmas list?

You 2 gonna need a Room?:D

LAST EDITED ON May-31-12 AT 10:36PM (MST)[p]Sounds like a make-up party is in order come Kona '13. I'll bring the kerosine, JB will bring the refreshments, just got off the phone and Overton said he would buy the plane tickets to anyone who wants to attend.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON May-31-12
>AT 10:36?PM (MST)

>
>Sounds like a make-up party is
>in order come Kona '13.
> I'll bring the kerosine,
>JB will bring the refreshments,
>just got off the phone
>and Overton said he would
>buy the plane tickets to
>anyone who wants to attend.

Overton is buying the plane tickets??? Cool, I wanna go.

My Question for the Hat's & Coy's of MM?

Why didn't one side anialate the other side after a Fashion?

Another question?

Must of been alot of 'Stills' around in them days?

Probably still is in that neck of Woods?:D

Great series no matter what "the real story" was. I felt more sided with the Hatfields.

The only thing better than the actual program is the Geico commercial they are playing about the Hatfields and McCoy's.......hilarious!!

It was OK-but ultimately just a simple story of how pride goeth before the fall and how violence just leads to more violence.

I agree with JB that Berenger should get an Emmy.He was great. His character was one of the few that had any layers (the others were McCoy's wife and Johnsie Hatfield/Roseanna McCoy).

RELH, I thought they were rather kind in their portrayal. Especially considering that THIS is what I grew up thinking of the Hatfields and McCoys.

God man, you're acting like a cross between Manny and Sageadvice the way you're gettin all uppity.

Manny McCoy and Joey Hatfield... I like it.

You're a Trouble Maker NVB!

I'd be careful NVB!

You fire the MM Hat's & Coy's up and it'll be serious!

Manny will give you another Biblical Lesson!

And sage will Whoop your Ass again!

lol...so true eel.

....the little blonde hatfield made me think of zigger....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Isn't James Hatfield the lead singer for Metallica?

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Now I wonder where my old time favorite cowboy star fits in with these McCoy's.........bet Tim McCoy would have thrown some
lead" back......but his big white hat would give his location away.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

After doing some extensive research, is was brought to my attention that overton was not a Hatfield at all. He is in fact directly related to "skunkhair" Tom Wallace, a friend of the Hatfields. Sorry Ransom.

Too bad SkunkHair didn't kill Frank Phillips!

So RANS?

You related to any of the McCoys?

They sure did. Wife and I went back to the Matewan area years ago where Sid Hatfield was involved in the Matewan Massacre during the coal mine wars.

RELH

>God man, you're acting like a
>cross between Manny and Sageadvice
>the way you're gettin all
>uppity.
>
>
>
>Manny McCoy and Joey Hatfield... I
>like it.

Now that's funny..

Yep NVB.. Your gonna get a sermon and a ass whoopin..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom