HAS ANYBODY INSTALLED HEAVY DUTY CASTERS ON THE BACK OF THEIR FIFTH WHEEL/TRAILER?

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Many Years Ago On My Old Fifth Wheel I Built Some Skid Plates Out Of Pipe & Had My Brother Weld Them To The Bottom Of The Frame On The Back!

They Have Worked Awesome!

Yes,She's Been Skidded Many A Times!

Thinking About Maybe Going With Some Heavy Duty Casters That Swivel This Time!

I Seen These On Northern's Website:

Just Wondering If Any Of You Guys Have Tried The Casters & What Kinda Luck You've Had With Them?

Thanks!

Consider doing the same for my car hauler. However I think these would be a better option as I think the casters would be too low and get riped off. I've seen these on this link installed a little bit recessed into the frame so they only stick out a couple inches. I've seen them in action and they definitely protect the bottom of the trailer from getting messed up.

They might work if you were strictly on pavement. Any type of dirt, especially soft dirt where they would sump in like a plow, would tear them off.

I wish my neighbor across the road would get that. Every time he pulls out of his driveway, he wakes up the entire neighborhood.

Instead of the metal bar hanging down. Years ago I had metal rolling wheels added to the back of my trailer. But they are not like those rubber weak thing. They are solid metal with a good bearing . Made for a trailer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom