Harvesting the bounty!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Just in time for Monday night football. I went out with some friends crabbing yesterday. The ocean was as flat as I've ever seen it. The 4 of us got 40 Jumbo's out of 5 pots!

The minimum size is 5 3/4". The smallest one we kept was 7 1/2" with most being 8+"

5469crabbing2013_005.jpg

Bring the salted water to a boil, drop in the crabs and cook for 18 minutes after it starts to boil again.

7665crabbing2013_003.jpg

The most tedious part is picking. Sometimes I'll just eat one while cracking too.

4287crabmeat2013_002.jpg

Only thing left to do is root for the 49'ers. If they lose....oh well....the crab was good!:)

Eel

OH MY GOD!!!

...and i'm up here freezing my tail off. I should'a moved to the coast instead of 12 miles East of where i was...

Atta boy Eel. That right there, having the ability to go out and get that, that's as good as getting a good buck!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Nice catch! Well the Niners must have known you were busy crackin crabs because they made sure you didn't have to pay much attention to the second half of that butt whooping they laid on RG Me and co.

Thanks guys! Crab tastes that much better with a 9er win. I don't get after crabs near as much as I would like. Usually the ocean is pretty rough this time of year.

Joey, I wish you had moved over to the coast too. A person can't have too many good friends!!

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom