Happy Utah independence day / My hunting Heritage

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
With all of this talk of pioneers. Gets me to thinking of our heritage. I am not aware of any Pioneers in my family. But I do have a lot of hunting heritage. My grandpa who past a few years ago. One month before his 95th birthday. Taught me about hunting and fishing. Others on here have heard of me talking about him on this forum. He spoke about eating fish all summer and deer all winter. This picture is his father and grandfather. My great grand father and great great grandfather.The four guys to the far right are my family. The guy with the big beard is my great great grandfather and my great grandfather above him. The two to the left are his brothers. This is a picture I am pround to have gotten a copy of before it was lost. Happy Pioneer day to those that celebrate this day.
24135grandpacongeltonhunt.jpg

That's a wall hanger if ever there was one! Glad you got a copy and shared it with us.

BigJohnT,
Awesome pic and fine lineage in your family tree!
Glad you have a copy of that treasure and shared it with us too.
We all have far too few like it in our possession.
Zeke

Great picture... Any idea on year and location? I love the old timer pictures sure wish I could have been born back in those days...

What a great, old, family photo!
Looks like those guys new how to shoot too!
I don't see any of those "Nightforce" scopes on
their old lever action rifles!

That is cool you have a pic of the ol timers, thanks for sharing.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom