Happy Thanksgiving...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
..to all....

Thanksgiving2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, and Hally Thanksgiving to all. I'm going to enjoy with my Mom who is in assisted living. Not excited about the food there so I wi bring some Ham, Yams and a Lemon Cheesecake I will be making this evening.
Who likes Turkey ? I don't so spiral ham is my choice.

For the last few years, it was ham (and maybe ribs and brisket) for Thanksgiving. However, this year, we're back to turkey but this time it's in a sous vide bath right now (for 24 hours) then the propane torch will come out to crisp up the skin.

This will free up the oven for more important things, like dessert. :D

Thanks, and Hally Thanksgiving to all. I'm going to enjoy with my Mom who is in assisted living. Not excited about the food there so I wi bring some Ham, Yams and a Lemon Cheesecake I will be making this evening.
We thought of a ham but then decided on a traditional bird.

We thought of a ham but then decided on a traditional bird.
I would have smoked one which is better table fare but I had to work yesterday.
I use Kosher Salt, Brown Sugar, Oranges, Lemons, Whole Cloves and Apple Cider for a brine. Use a clean 5 gal bucket and brine in a fridge for 3 days before smoking. Before smoking I put butter and small pieces of the fruit under the skin. And inject a little butter with salt in the breasts. Smoke lightly at 225° with Pecan wood.

My bride doesn't care for any smoked meats. Our birdie will be done in the oven inside a Brown 'n Serve bag. Stuffing, mashed taters, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, bisuits, a glass of red zin & a hunk of pumpokin pie will complete the menu.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom