Hams Fork Rd Wyoming

DRT

Trying to expand my Camping/Outdoor activity boundaries and I thought I would look into the Hams Fork north of Kemmerer. What kind of forest access/private lands are there? From the land survey it looks like quite a bit of private around Viva Naughton but how much farther up that road would I have to go to be in good camping country? Want to take the family to a new and different area that we haven't really been into, but am I gonna run into Private land conflicts here? And is it accessible with a camper? Some help would be great! Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 10:59PM (MST)[p]The road is excellent and well maintained. You can camp about anywhere once you cross onto Forest.There are quite a few side roads that you can pull off onto, depending on the size of your camper (trailer). There is a nice camp site on the right, just before the road crosses the Hams Fork River. It will seem like you've driven forever before you reach this spot. I prefer to just pull off and find a nice private spot. If possible, drive up or down the side roads before you commit to make sure you can get the camper in and out. There are all kinds of camping spots past the bridge, but you better make sure you can navigate before you go past this point, as the there is a pretty long steep grade to get up on top of the ridges. If its stormy, this road can get slimy, but it is usually only a problem above the bridge. Hope this helps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom