Halibut strike

You can tell by the head shake that it's a halibut as opposed to a skate. Watch the first 30 seconds.

is the halibut bite on up north ??? Ate some halibut ceviche this week, it was excellent.

What about the albacore ?? they will run up there august and early september...Right??

eel...video brought back a memory of salmon fishing in Langara Island hooked a nice salmon and it jerked the rod out of my hand. Back rod started jerking and I set the hook and low and behold I had the lost rod/reel/ salmon plus another salmon. I very carefully reeled in the 1st set up ($ about $800 worth ) got it on board and was able then to get the second salmon. I was like you...I felt like an idiot when I lost the 1st set up..done that same hook set hundreds of times....sometimes LUCK beats skill and planning ! Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your videos and comments.

Plastic Piece of TRASH Rod Holder on that Down-Rigger!

Really Should Hook the Safety Cable up to that Rod/Reel If You're not gonna Man-Handle the Rod & Reel when You've got a Fish on it!

Some Guys Get Lucky I Guess!

Perty Proud of His 350.00 Rod Reel Combo which Ain't Much When it comes to that Kinda Fishing!

First rule of fishing ,,, understand how a drag works.

Most irritating thing in fishing,, some one who does not turn turn the reel clicker off.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom