H1000 orrrrr???

MountainSqwabler

Question for the reloading guys. I'm getting a 6.5prc built within the next year or so. I'll mainly run factory munitions but will end up reloading some. I have about 4lbs of H1000, but from everything I'm seeing that is not going to be the top dog for that caliber? I've seen a ton of R26 and N565. For out to roughly 700yds, will I notice that much of a difference if I stick with the H1000, or should I see what I can't pick up. R26 is a ghost at this point. There's 8lbs on gunbroker but he's asking 1500$ for it....absolutely no way I'm paying that. Ideas, suggestions, shut up and stick with the H1000 and get after it??

Stick with h1000. Other powders might get you another 50-100fps, h1000 is super consistent likely the most accurate powder and fairly available.

50 even 100fps is just not worth chasing in my opinion. You already have plenty of horsepower at 700 even with factory ammo if using good bullets with high BC

I’ve had real good luck finding 565 and 570 at scheels. If I can get em to shoot, I’ll never go back to any other brand of powder. The de coppering agent they put in them is the real deal, copper fouling is almost nonexistent in the rifles in run vitahvouri powder in

N570 with 156 Bergers will top out at 3000 and get you great accuracy somewhere in the 2900 to 3000 range and easy to find, N565 will work too but less velocity.

I have a 7PRC being built and I'm on the same search for powders. I have it narrowed down to N565, N570 or H1000. I've been getting similar answers, the H1000 might yield slower velocities than the other two but possibly more consistent.

I'm looking more at the 143 and 147gr bullets. Not wanting to get after those 150s I don't think with this rifle
I wouldn't use a 147 for anything bigger than a deer, didn't penetrate a bear skull at 50 yards starting out at 2920, just pancaked on outside of the skull.

Bear skull.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom