Guy poses with elk...and lion?

dryflyelk

This pic is up on reddit today and some of the responses are cracking me up. People that think they know a thing or two about the outdoors chiming in to offer opinions on why this is or isn't a real pic.

Here's the pic
11r7j.jpg

And the thread on reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/dndnk/the_circle_of_life_pic/

I think it's fake, btw.

"Guns are worthless when we actually need them."

"Also, would be impossible for him to carry, or drag, that buck by himself. Probably a 300-350lb buck."

"Hi, How y'all doing? Nice night for a moose hunt. Mind if I take a little nibble on that? Thankin ya kindly."

"My biggest problem with believing this is a real picture is - no one kills (or poses for a picture with) elk at NIGHTTIME. And as soon as they're killed they have to be gutted and at least field dressed - so this can't be a shot of an elk killed 'earlier in the day.' The whole thing is suspicious."

And my personal favorite:

"That's me in the photo. Don't worry, I'm absolutely fine, I was napping and this guy came and grabbed my antler."

>"Guns are worthless when we actually
>need them."
>
>"Also, would be impossible for him
>to carry, or drag, that
>buck by himself. Probably a
>300-350lb buck."
>
>"Hi, How y'all doing? Nice night
>for a moose hunt. Mind
>if I take a little
>nibble on that? Thankin ya
>kindly."
>
>"My biggest problem with believing this
>is a real picture is
>- no one kills (or
>poses for a picture with)
>elk at NIGHTTIME. And as
>soon as they're killed they
>have to be gutted and
>at least field dressed -
>so this can't be a
>shot of an elk killed
>'earlier in the day.' The
>whole thing is suspicious."
>
>And my personal favorite:
>
>"That's me in the photo. Don't
>worry, I'm absolutely fine, I
>was napping and this guy
>came and grabbed my antler."
>

WOW! Really!?!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-10 AT 07:22AM (MST)[p]People believe what they want to. Polar Bears really do drink Coke. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I was thinking i didnt see that second lion the first time. See what 3 hours of sleep will do to you. duh

LOL! Now that's funny. It's a lion straight from hell... I've never seen a lion with fire in his eyes like that!

i heard the guy owns the lions and uses them like tracking dogs...er...cats.

meow.

Well - that is only the first half of the story. What happened next is what is truly amazing. Apparently, he had packed in to the area on a mule and when the mule saw the lion, it attacked - stomping lifeless then began tossing it to and fro in its teeth.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Here's one of my favs

"It's obviously their own dog. They took a pic and got unexpected results and decided to pawn it off as being something other than what it was. If you know anything at all about canis lupus, you know that isn't a wolf.

Hell, if you know anything about dogs, you know that isn't a wolf. He's not furtive or slinking or trying to stay hidden. To the contrary, he's loping happily down an open trail towards the photographer and the people in the pic. That's a dog who is happy to be running around in the woods with his people. It's not a wolf and if you think it is, you suck and might as well eat a bag of dicks.

Edit; in fact, I know that dog. His name is Bullet and he is a malamute/chow mix. He is a little nutty, but he's a good-natured happy fellow and has never really met anyone he didn't like. There, I've said too much and will probably get in trouble.

I shagged his owner is how I know."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom