Gutless thread extension

C

CSmalley

I didn't want to high jack Salmon's post but I was curious about the guys that use the gutless method whether you quarter the animal out or De-bone the meat while its on the animal. I've been watching videos on this and some have quartered and some have de-boned the meat but the de-boning seemed like it took a long time to do. How long on average does it take you guys?

I take 2 quarters off, then back straps, loins, etc... from one side, flip then repeat. Once done with all that, I then remove meat from leg bones. I am not packing bones out just to throw them away upon getting home. That is a lot of weight, might as well just go around picking up rocks to put in your pack with your meat.

From when my hands touch the rack, it takes me 2 hours to finish. This includes moving animal for pictures, pictures, quartering, deboning and hanging meat sacks in a nearby tree.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

Exactly Mntman!

Skin the one side to the knees. Cut around the one hind first. Take the front shoulder and as much rib and neck meat as you can get with it. Back strap and Tenderloin on the one side then flip.

With all the pieces off they cool very quickly, even on a 70 degree day in the shade.

From there, think of the deboning as getting the bone out of the meat rather than the pieces of meat off the bone. Start from the inside of the lower leg bone and just work around and up to get it out. It's just a concept you keep in mind that make things much faster and keeps all the pieces together.

On a side note the most cost effective game bags for this technique are pillow cases. You need 5 of them for a complete elk.

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom