Gun Safes

D

doityourself

I'm in the market for a good fire-proof gun-safe, at least a 30 gun unit. Which is the best? I'd like some shelves for ammo, money and pistols as well. Has to be completely fire-proof, that is one of my biggest concerns. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have an American Security and feel that it is a good safe. My advice is to get a bigger safe than you think you need. I only have a 21 gun safe. With about 12-14 long guns it is packed.

Don P.

I own a Browning Medallion and it has been great 37 gun with 41 guns in it. I really need a second safe.There are alot of good safes on the market ,but I like my Browning and would buy another.

I have a sneeky suspicion that a bunch of different brands are made in Orem, Ut. at the National/Liberty place. I'd bet the Brownings are made there too.
Good stuff, that.
I think it's hard to go wrong with any quality name-brand these days.

I have been doing a bit of safe research, I'm gonna build a couple my self. Allready bought the dial/lock mechanizms.

Russ

I just recently was going to build a gun vault in my basement until I looked at the price of vault doors. If you have a large budget to work with thats the way I would go.
I went with a 52 gun Browning instead.
+1 on what peez said, I got a 21 gun safe years ago and then ended up getting the additional safe a few months ago so get larger than what you think you will ever need.

Your budget will answer your question. You can spend $500 on a 30 gun safe or $5,000. Just decide what you can live with.

Fort Knox is the one I would buy. I have one and no complaints here. I have been in three different safe production factories in Utah many times, and in my opinion, Fort Knox are the best made. The others are well made and will certainly do the job though.

>I have a sneeky suspicion that
>a bunch of different brands
>are made in Orem, Ut.
>at the National/Liberty place. I'd
>bet the Brownings are made
>there too.

The Remingtons are I know for a fact, my dad bought me a "2nd" with a scratched corner for christmas one year.

-DallanC

DIY,

Hey, if you buy this Browning model, you can say the guy who took the elk photo the artwork is copied from recommended it to you. ;-) -TONY

483c6e5817236d53.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-27-08 AT 06:51PM (MST)[p]>DIY,
>
>Hey, if you buy this Browning
>model, you can say the
>guy who took the elk
>photo the artwork is copied
>from recommended it to you.
>;-) -TONY
>
>
>
483c6e5817236d53.jpg

Prove it.

Yes, I mean prove it or we will call you Timberhunter.:)

That is a good example of a $?,000 safe.

I just want to see the dammmm photo.

LAST EDITED ON May-27-08 AT 08:04PM (MST)[p]I bought this one ... once again you sorta get what you pay for .... I think this one is a mid-range gun safe.

483cbd6b1e4c38af.jpg

RUS

>ELKabong, use asbestos to make it
>fire proof!:)
>
>Just kidding!
>
>Eel

I have allready sucked in enough ass-bestos, Eel... :'(
My poor old lungs'l never catch fire.

I've found they use fireproof sheetrock in 'em.
I'm looking for someone with a big-arsed press brake to roll my corners, the door is the easy part.

Zigga,

My elk photo first appeared full-page in the NRA's American Hunter magazine, where artist Leon Parson viewed it. Browning had just commissioned him to do the scratch-art for all their safes.

Leon called me, and we eventually agreed on a rate for him to use the photo as the "model" for the elk. He later also sent me a "proof" of the original scratch work. -TONY

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom