Gun safes at the Hunt Expo

• Thread starter LongRangeBangin
  • Start date
L

LongRangeBangin

I have been eye'n a "Bigger" gun safe for some time. The ones at the Expo to me are priced better then anything I have been able to find anywhere. Is the Expo the best place for a guy to pick one up that lives within a few hours of Salt Lake, or is there a better place with a better deal out there that I don't know about?

Most of the gun safe places around salt lake have scratch and dent sales. Generally once a year. It is the best time to get a safe. Mine had a mark on the top. You can't even see it with all of my crape on top of the safe anyways. Got a great deal on it.

I think my father in law just bought a couple from Sams or Costo?? May wanna look into that? I know they were really a good deal.

If you can afford it, hold out for a Graffunder safe, by far the best, most well built safe i've ever seen!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I appreciate all the info. I should of been more clear. I am looking for something in the 72X42 (ish) size or close to it. I have seen some great deals on a smaller safe, but got one already. I am just amazed at how many safes at the expo have "Sold" on them by the time I get there on Saturday. I have never heard of the Graffunder. Will they have a display at the expo or will I have to google em? No matter what I get my Red Rider is gonna look hot leaned up in it. LMAO

I agree with John. Look for the scratch and dent sales that the local safe companies in Utah have. I got mine and it had a pretty large scratch down the back side from a dumb forklift driver. It was pretty bad scratch...but that side sits against the wall...so who the heck cares!!! I picked it up and got over $600 knocked off the price for it.

LRB, My best Friend and long time hunting pard has one,Graffunder,

http://www.graffundersafes.com/gallery.html

He saw some at a show in Oregon, ordered up one to be delivered for his vintage pre 64 and citorie collection, and then quickly sold his Cannon safe when he got back home. He says the quality of fit and materials between the Graffunder and the Cannon are night and day...but they come dearly.

I know nothing of what will be at the HE show, sorry.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I bought a Ft. Knox safe 2 years ago. Talked to them at the expo and they were having a scratch and dent sale the next week. They didn't have what I was looking for, but I was able to order what I wanted and at a discounted price. I added 2 upgrades at $100 each, they charged for one and threw the other one in for free. They would be worth checking out and they're located in Orem.

Graffunder safes are the absolute top of the line. They put all others to shame. As mentioned earlier, however, the price reflects this quality. I have been unable to justify the cost compared to a fort knox, etc. I don't advocate cheap safes, and you will never go wrong with a Graffunder if you can afford it. For my limited budget, the Fort Knox and similar do a good job.
Bill

FT Knox safes are the best in my opinion. They have parking lot sales at their office in Orem 3 or 4 times a year. You can usually get a great deal at one of these. I would give them a call to see when their next one is. Or just talk to them at the expo.

Here's the deal.

A trained crook can open almost any of the top 5 safes, in about 10 minutes. More power to 'em if they got the balls to hang around that long and fiddle with my safe.

I have seen a locksmith into a Liberty in 7 minutes.

The results of a fire should be your biggest concern and being a volunteer fireman for 44 years, I can tell you that your home is seldom in danger of exceeding the time frame tested on your safe, unless you are in a remote area and 20 minutes from a firetruck.

The electronic locks don't work after a fire either...no matter what the seller says, you ARE going to need a locksmith.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Check out Heritage Safe Co. in Grace, Idaho. Top notch in every way. Good fire protection; warranty, etc. I cannot recommend enough; I have had a couple. Reason I had a couple if that I went with their biggest safe and could not get it out of the house when I moved so I bought a new one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom