Gun Purchase/Background Question

L

Loleng

I have a misdemeanor on my record back from 2007 that reads "Unlawful possesion of controlled substance/alcohol by a minor". Will this stop me from buying a rifle?

I think only if you have a felony will it hinder your ability to buy a rifle. Don't quote me on that though. Call your local Sheriffs Dept or WalMart!

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Nope..
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Depends on where you live.

In Ca and some other anal states, any type of assault type arrest and you are screwed.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Thanks, I'm a pretty silly girl without a clue in the world. Guess I'm on my way to find out for sure! Thanks again.

It may not ultimately stop you from purchasing a firearm but it may delay your purchase for a few days while they run a more detailed background check on you.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

So Lauren?

Was you Smokin Dope?

Or Sellin Dope?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

There is one misdemeanor that will keep you from buying a gun and that is assault against a family member or partner. The way the law reads is you only have to scare your partner verbally and you can get a misdemeanor. I've sold a lot of guns and several buyers got caught on this one.

>There is one misdemeanor that will
>keep you from buying a
>gun and that is assault
>against a family member or
>partner. The way the
>law reads is you only
>have to scare your partner
>verbally and you can get
>a misdemeanor. I've sold
>a lot of guns and
>several buyers got caught on
>this one.

Yup. Domestic assault. Ironically, you could do the same thing to anyone else and it is not a permanent deal breaker. Do it to anyone you currently or have previously shared a residence with and it becomes domestic. It is also the only law I can think of that was retroactive meaning after the legislation took place in the early 90's I believe, even a conviction that happened prior to the legislation was a deal breaker for gun ownership.

Also the domestic deal is a federal law so it is the same in all fifty.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Haha thanks, and btw it was an instant green light on the gun. I am now the happy owner of a lever action .410 :)

If it happened when you were a minor the best advise anyone could give you, no matter what, is get that $hit exponged! There is no reason for it to be there as an adult. If it happened when your were an adult (18) nothing you can do about it now except be smarter in the future.

Interesting....during a presentation on base, attend by the local DA, he said that if two brothers, who hadn't lived together for X years got into a fight, they could each be charged with DV under the law.

>>There is one misdemeanor that will
>>keep you from buying a
>>gun and that is assault
>>against a family member or
>>partner. The way the
>>law reads is you only
>>have to scare your partner
>>verbally and you can get
>>a misdemeanor. I've sold
>>a lot of guns and
>>several buyers got caught on
>>this one.
>
>
>Yup. Domestic assault. Ironically, you
>could do the same thing
>to anyone else and it
>is not a permanent deal
>breaker. Do it to
>anyone you currently or have
>previously shared a residence with
>and it becomes domestic.
>It is also the only
>law I can think of
>that was retroactive meaning after
>the legislation took place in
>the early 90's I believe,
>even a conviction that happened
>prior to the legislation was
>a deal breaker for gun
>ownership.
>
>Also the domestic deal is a
>federal law so it is
>the same in all fifty.
>
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom