Gun Display

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Quite a few of my guns were inherited and I like them all. But none are antiques. I do have a .50 cal Flintlock with gold plating that I want on the wall in the trophy room. Its not worth a fortune but will look nice. Anyone have any ideas or pics of how they have displayed one. There is no fireplace mantle. Thank if you can share!

This is what I've done with a couple of my old doubles.

9932012-02-20_08-53-40_369.jpg

73012012-02-20_08-53-33_929.jpg

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Thanks Tailchaser. I have a reason to find some sheds now. One guy said to cut down a railroad tie for a display mantle. I like your display.

Nice Job, what kind of nail/screw did you use, I have a NRA gun, and matching print, I want to do the same thing with ???

I used old horse shoes welded together. The one on the wall is toe down with the other welded to it like a hook, have to drill the nail holes out to get a screw through them. Kinda gotta be into the look tho.

Thanks guys.

I used a #8 x 5 inch machine bolt with a good solid wall anchor. To cover the exposed bolt cut a small peice of antler to fit and drill a small hole through the center and slide over the bolt.

I made a rod & reel display very similar with my whitetail antlers too.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

1698img-20110828-00007.jpg

Koles gun my dad gave him. barn wood back, walnut border with old barbed wire and other rusted hardware. Shatter proof glass and rusted lag bolts into the studs on the wall in the horse shoes and behind the gun. It was a pain to hang but it is not coming off the wall!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom