Gun Control in wake of Shootings

those left wing nuts just love this, its an excuse to push gun control, they dont give a rats a$$ about what happened at the school but just feed off it to push more gun control...

>those left wing nuts just love
>this, its an excuse to
>push gun control, they dont
>give a rats a$$ about
>what happened at the school
>but just feed off it
>to push more gun control...
>

"need some kind of control not every american needs an assault weapon they are designed for Law Officers and Military!"

What part of that statement don't you get? I personally don't believe the 2nd amendment was intended give civilians access to military grade weapons.

Do you really need a rifle with a 30 round mag? If so you are a sh!tty shot.

I don't think anyone is truly f'n with the 2nd amendment, just trying to put a little common sense into our sick society.

Slick
"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Really, have you seen Bessy and some of the others on here shoot? They need at least the 30-round mag. Sorry Bess for throwing you under the bus, but it was for a good cause. LOL

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-12 AT 08:49PM (MST)[p]>pound sand slick.....you don't get it.
>

Probably not ZIG but I get no satisfaction outta being a racist prick either. Your view of the world must be a heavy burden JB.

Plus you still owe me $100.00 or did you forget? "YOU'RE ON"

Slick

>>those left wing nuts just love
>>this, its an excuse to
>>push gun control, they dont
>>give a rats a$$ about
>>what happened at the school
>>but just feed off it
>>to push more gun control...
>>
>
>
>"need some kind of control not
>every american needs an assault
>weapon they are designed for
>Law Officers and Military!"
>
>What part of that statement don't
>you get? I personally don't
>believe the 2nd amendment was
>intended give civilians access to
>military grade weapons.
>
>Do you really need a rifle
>with a 30 round mag?
>If so you are a
>sh!tty shot.
>
>I don't think anyone is truly
>f'n with the 2nd amendment,
>just trying to put a
>little common sense into our
>sick society.
>
>Slick
>"The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"

Military grade weapons? Need...nope, but the 2nd doesn't prevent it either. Name the last time a select fire weapon, properly obtained, was used in a violent crime.

Waiting patiently....

We don't need any new restrictions concerning gun laws... Maybe we should all just turn in our guns and buy single shots eh slick?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Bushmaster .223? Now there is a civilian weapon.

Slick

>>>those left wing nuts just love
>>>this, its an excuse to
>>>push gun control, they dont
>>>give a rats a$$ about
>>>what happened at the school
>>>but just feed off it
>>>to push more gun control...
>>>
>>
>>
>>"need some kind of control not
>>every american needs an assault
>>weapon they are designed for
>>Law Officers and Military!"
>>
>>What part of that statement don't
>>you get? I personally don't
>>believe the 2nd amendment was
>>intended give civilians access to
>>military grade weapons.
>>
>>Do you really need a rifle
>>with a 30 round mag?
>>If so you are a
>>sh!tty shot.
>>
>>I don't think anyone is truly
>>f'n with the 2nd amendment,
>>just trying to put a
>>little common sense into our
>>sick society.
>>
>>Slick
>>"The Road goes on forever &
>>the Party never Ends"
>
>
>Military grade weapons? Need...nope, but
>the 2nd doesn't prevent it
>either. Name the last
>time a select fire weapon,
>properly obtained, was used in
>a violent crime.
>
>Waiting patiently....

still waiting.....

Wake TF Up slick!

Taking Assault Weapons is a Foot in the Door!

You give your Buddy a little!

Your Buddy will take alot!

I always thought a 50 Round Clip was better than a 30 anyway!

If I had Listened!
I wouldn't be here today Living & Dieing with the Choices I've made!

I have to agree with Slick on this one.

I dont think there should be restrictions on being able to buy an AR, but yes maybe on high capacity clips, stricter background checks, mental health checks. Unless your a felon or on the wanted list you can get any gun you want.
But the reality is anyone who truely wants to commit a mass murder and wants to get a gun can and will find a way. And if they cant get a gun they will find a different way.
Lower capacity clips POSSIBLY could have slowed him down enough that MAYBE someone could have gotten to him and stopped him.
I dont believe we will ever see restrictions so bad that we cant buy pretty much any gun we want.

I actually bought an AR this summer, and truely i can not say that it is a pleasure to shoot. I can shoot alot of rounds quickly....ok...the only thing that does for me is make my wallet feel lighter quicker. Im never going to use it for any type of hunting except maybe jack rabbits, so do i need a $1000 30 round gun to do that?

The one thing i do believe is that there are a whole lot of people on this site that would be saying different if thier childs name was on the dead list.

>I have to agree with Slick
>on this one.
>
> I dont think there should
>be restrictions on being able
>to buy an AR, but
>yes maybe on high capacity
>clips, stricter background checks, mental
>health checks. Unless your a
>felon or on the wanted
>list you can get any
>gun you want.
> But the reality
>is anyone who truely wants
>to commit a mass murder
>and wants to get a
>gun can and will find
>a way. And if they
>cant get a gun they
>will find a different way.
>
> Lower capacity clips POSSIBLY could
>have slowed him down enough
>that MAYBE someone could have
>gotten to him and stopped
>him.
> I dont believe we will
>ever see restrictions so bad
>that we cant buy pretty
>much any gun we want.
>
>
> I actually bought an AR
>this summer, and truely i
>can not say that it
>is a pleasure to shoot.
>I can shoot alot of
>rounds quickly....ok...the only thing that
>does for me is make
>my wallet feel lighter quicker.
>Im never going to use
>it for any type of
>hunting except maybe jack rabbits,
>so do i need a
>$1000 30 round gun to
>do that?
>
> The one thing i do
>believe is that there are
>a whole lot of people
>on this site that would
>be saying different if thier
>childs name was on the
>dead list.

All I can say is You are WRONG!

You are willing to Give-In to these Bastards that wanna take your American Rights away!

They are looking for people just like you!

They Sneak in and take a little,then a little more,then a little more!

Perty Soon they got what They wanted & You let em do it!

Kids at that age wouldn't of had a clue to what kinda Gun or how many & what kind of Magazines He was Packin!

Then You're Quick to admit they'll find another way to find what they need to do the job!

JFP people!

Let's think this out a little!

If I had Listened!

> The one thing i do
>believe is that there are
>a whole lot of people
>on this site that would
>be saying different if thier
>childs name was on the
>dead list.

No one really knows what they would do until you are in their shoes. I have two small kids and I have thought about this all weekend. I still don't think stricter gun laws are the answer.

High cap magazines, I don't own one, AR's, I don't own one. Others do and its their right to have them if they want, and its a right I don't think should be taken away.

Something needs to be figured out to stop tragedies like this, I just don't exactly know what. Morgan Freemans statement in slamdunk's post makes a lot of sense but good luck with getting the media to stand down.

What you fellas don't get is vurtually every rifle can be considered an assault rifle??? What are you going to do next time some bozo drives his car into a crowd of people and kills 10 or 12?? Outlaw cars?? That's the kind of warped reasoning you are using here.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

"Lower capacity clips POSSIBLY could have slowed him down enough that MAYBE someone could have gotten to him and stopped him."

Who could have stopped him? And with what?

My Sis is a school Teacher and is in the process of getting her CC permit. We keep in close contact and talk daily. She didn't come right out and say so to me but i believe if someone was shooting and killing her co-workers and students and she had a chance, she'd flat blow them away!!

The existing Government needs to leave off our firearms!! I hope they learned that some of the stuff they pulled in N.Orleans was flat wrong and know that it ain't gonna fly if/when tried throughout the country.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-12 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]>"Lower capacity clips POSSIBLY could have
>slowed him down enough that
>MAYBE someone could have gotten
>to him and stopped him."
>
>
>Who could have stopped him?
>And with what?

Even banning high capacity magazines... That is going to do no good for someone that REALLY wants to get his hands on one. There are too many of them out there already. It is also just a foot in the door for the government try and control even more.

I own 1 AR and almost have 2 more built. Have over 50 high capacity mags and over 10,000 rounds of ammo. I would like to see the government try to take it! Why do I have all that... because it is my right and I can.

As far as what/who coulda stopped him. A armed teacher maybe. Less drugs (anti-depressants and whatnot) in the society. Less news coverage where he dies where EVERYONE knows his name instead of some looser that offed himself in the basement.... In all reality probably nothing could have stopped him.

Those of you that believe "assault weapons" are strictly for LEA's and the military don't get it. The Second Amendment has NOTHING to do with your hunting PRIVILEGES, it is there to protect us from our ENEMY, FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC. I agree, so called "large capacity" magazines and "assault rifles" are not necessary for hunting. The high capacity mags are not allowed for hunting in most states. However, if I or you choose to own them, and we are not convicted felons we should be able to own them, IT'S OUR RIGHT, for having a good time shooting water jugs or just in case WE THE SHEEPLE need to defend our RIGHTS that were earned with the blood of PATRIOTS. I for one enjoy shooting these weapons, have for over 30 years. I enjoy hunting with them just as I do other weapons. Yes, in trained hands this type of weapon is superior in most strategic scenarios than a bolt gun or a revolver, but not always. In trained hands a revolver can be fired and reloaded almost as quickly as a pistol. And a person that has had real training with a patrol shotgun (pump action) can keep it running dang near as fast as a semi. Also in a scenario such a a classroom or the inside of most any building the "assault" rifle ( in untrained hands that are not being careful to be target specific) is actually less effective than a shotgun (Any of you out there that have been trained in this type of combat please chime in). So for those of you that believe "there is no reason for anyone other than law enforcement or the military" to own these BAD GUNS & MAGAZINES, that is your opinion. My opinion as a retired LEO and firearms instructor is that you are very naive. Many of us took an oath at sometime during our past to defend our Constitution from ANY enemy, foreign or DOMESTIC. I pray that I am wrong but I am afraid we may be put in a position in the not so far future to uphold that oath.

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

Although i have absolutely NO use for an assault type weapon of any type, nor will i ever waste a dime on one, as gun owners, we MUST stand together on the 2nd ammendment whether we see eye to eye or not on any type of weapon or we are screwed!
Remember Jim Zumbo's statement on assault weapons a few years back? He ended up collecting free cheese and unemployment after that!!
"United We Stand, Dived We Fall"

Only difference between a thirty round mag and three ten round mags is three seconds a mag change. Banning high campacity mags won't slow anything down much.

>Only difference between a thirty round
>mag and three ten round
>mags is three seconds a
>mag change. Banning high campacity
>mags won't slow anything down
>much.

BINGO!!!

>>those left wing nuts just love
>>this, its an excuse to
>>push gun control, they dont
>>give a rats a$$ about
>>what happened at the school
>>but just feed off it
>>to push more gun control...
>>
>
>
>"need some kind of control not
>every american needs an assault
>weapon they are designed for
>Law Officers and Military!"
>
>What part of that statement don't
>you get? I personally don't
>believe the 2nd amendment was
>intended give civilians access to
>military grade weapons.
>
>Do you really need a rifle
>with a 30 round mag?
>If so you are a
>sh!tty shot.
>
>I don't think anyone is truly
>f'n with the 2nd amendment,
>just trying to put a
>little common sense into our
>sick society.
>
>Slick
>"The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"

i never said i have a assault rifle.....my problem is they start by taking that away, next they will go with bolt actions and so on and on........ wasnt the second amendment put in to protect you from your goverment? maybe we should go after bowhunters to and say they can only have a quiver that holds 2 arrows and not 6...

Got a NASTY E-mail this morning suggesting we should only be able to possess 3 Rounds of Ammo!

He got told to take a f'n Hike!

Some of the MM'ers are startin to show their True Colors!

If I had Listened!

the black and white of any type of gun control, whether it be weapons, magazines, ammo, etc, is this. it hogties the law abiding citizens...thats it. noone else. a felon/criminal will always have a means to any type of weapon they choose, regardless of that weapons legal status.

>the guy used only a glock
>and a sig....he left the
>AR in his car.....

And from what i hear on the media didnt he steal the guns from his mom if i hear correctly?

>the guy used only a glock
>and a sig....he left the
>AR in his car.....

the medical examiner said the kids he examined (7) we all shot with a long gun and all had from 3 to 11 wounds each.

The car report was wrong from what I hear! but anyway I posted this on Slams post

The latest

Rutnbuck

Associated Press

WASHINGTON

The next big issue in the national debate over guns ? whether people have a right to be armed in public ? is moving closer to Supreme Court review.

A provocative ruling by a panel of federal appeals court judges in Chicago struck down the only statewide ban on carrying concealed weapons, in Illinois. The ruling is somewhat at odds with those of other federal courts that have largely upheld state and local gun laws, including restrictions on concealed weapons, since the Supreme Court's landmark ruling declaring that people have a right to have a gun for self-defense.

In, 2008, the court voted 5-4 in District of Columbia v. Heller to strike down Washington?s ban on handgun ownership and focused mainly on the right to defend one?s own home. The court left for another day how broadly the Second Amendment may protect gun rights in other settings.

Legal scholars say the competing appellate rulings mean that day is drawing near for a new high court case on gun rights.

The appeals court ruling in Chicago came in a week that ended with the mass shooting in Connecticut that left 28 people dead, including 20 children at an elementary school and the presumed gunman.

Laurie Levenson, a professor at the Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, said that along with thorny legal issues, ?we have the overlay of these tragedies hitting us on a somewhat regular basis.?

The author of a book that traces the battle over gun control in the U.S. said he thinks Supreme Court intervention is likely in the short-term. ?Since the Heller case, the next great question for the Supreme Court to decide was whether there is a right to carry guns in public,? said UCLA law professor Adam Winkler, whose book ?Gunfight? was published last year.

Roughly 40 states make it easy for people to carry a gun in public. But in California, New York and other states, local and state regulations make it difficult if not impossible to get a license to carry a weapon. Illinois and the District of Columbia have been the only places to refuse to allow people to be armed in public.

?In some of our most-populated states, the right does not exist either because it's completely forbidden or practically forbidden,? said Alan Gura, the lawyer who won the Heller case at the Supreme Court.

Gun-rights advocates and gun-control supporters are as split over the issue of having guns in public as they were over whether the Constitution protected gun ownership at all ? and along the same lines.

Jonathan Lowy, an attorney with the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, said, ?If law enforcement makes a determination that somebody would increase the danger to the public by carrying a loaded gun on the streets, then that person should not be carrying a loaded gun. Some people in the gun lobby want to tie the hands of law enforcement.?

Wayne LaPierre, chief executive officer of the National Rifle Association, said, ?Clearly, the individual right under the Constitution does not apply only to your home. People have lives outside their home and the constitutional right applies outside their home.?

Sometimes, LaPierre said, ?The only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.?

So far, the Supreme Court has turned down appeals asking it to say more about guns. But that reluctance might fade if the court were presented with a split between appeals courts, typically a strong factor in attracting the justices? interest.

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
For Immediate Release: Friday, December 14, 2012
Dear Brett,

Please Forward to Your Local Newspapers, Radio Stations, and Television News Stations

Subject: Gun School For Teachers

Las Vegas, Nevada: In the wake of the yet another senseless school massacre, I ask all our politicians, law enforcement officials, and school administrators one simply question:

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO WAKE UP AS A NATION AND PROTECT OUR CHILDREN?

How many more children have to die before we will find the testicular fortitude, as a nation, to put in place REAL policies that will stop a deranged gunman in his tracks, before he can commit mass murder on innocent and defenseless children?

How many times do I have to offer the nation THE solution?

What the hell is wrong with the leaders of our country? Find a pair, and make the RIGHT decision to protect our children, not more of the wrong decisions that create the opportunity for the next lunatic to murder at will with zero resistance!

Once again, Front Sight Firearms Training Institute, arguably the world leader in providing intensified courses in the defensive use of firearms for private citizens, has the answer to stopping further attacks on school children. Front Sight will once again offer free firearms training to any school administrator, teachers, or full time staff members designated as school Safety Monitors.

Front Sight will accept for training up to three staff members from each school, college or university.

Applicants must submit a letter requesting training on school letterhead signed by the top school district official and designating the applicant as the school's Safety Monitor.

Please forward this e-mail to your state and federal legislators, local law enforcement departments and your child's school administrator, as well as your friends and family, asking them to do the same.

Guns and Teachers

As Front Sight's Founder and Director, I understand my offer to train armed school teachers may offend some school administrators and parents who do not see arming and training selected school staff members as a positive solution to violent attacks. However, historically, my approach has worked while gun control has actually increased violent crime by shifting the balance of power to favor the criminals and lunatics.

My offer is not a new idea. In the early 70's, Israel was faced with much greater problems of armed terrorist attacks on schools. The cry for more gun control was heard then too, but Israel very carefully analyzed all possible options before adopting the proactive position of arming and training their teachers. School shootings stopped and terrorists looked for easier targets. Gun control never has and never will stop criminals and madmen from carrying out acts of gun violence.

In our country, every time a misguided individual on psychiatric drugs goes on a killing spree, anti self-defense legislators, watch the polls and exploit the dead victims in order to fool the public into accepting more gun control. It is time our country finds some resolve and the will to tackle the real problem, which is rooting out the actual influences in the lives people hat predispose them to commit atrocities. The problem is not guns. Guns don't cause these incidents to occur any more than cameras cause child pornography or automobiles cause traffic fatalities.

Israel had the right answer. Society is safer when we train and arm our law abiding citizens. As the defensive training leader in the USA, Front Sight is willing and able to set the example for the rest of the country to follow.

Armed Teachers

Dave Clark, who recently retired after teaching for the last 25 years at Junction Junior High School in Livermore, California agrees with Front Sight's philosophy. In fact, Mr. Clark has previously attended a Four Day Defensive Handgun course at Front Sight at his own expense and found the course to be exactly what is needed to train fellow teachers to stop an attack similar to Columbine school and Virginia Tech. "Front Sight provides safe and responsible training to a level that exceeds law enforcement standards." Says Mr. Clark. "Among the many lessons taught, I learned universally accepted rules in justifiable use of deadly force. More importantly, I learned when not to shoot and how to be more mentally prepared to see a lethal confrontation coming before it happens in order to avoid it. The firearms training is second to none and clearly gives the graduates the skill needed to save the lives of those in their charge if ever attacked. If my school district chose to adopt a policy of sending selected teachers to Front Sight for concealed handgun training, I would wholeheartedly support it and volunteer as a Safety Monitor. There is no reason for our children to continue to be victimized when free, professional training is available to stop school attacks."

Guns in Schools

There is evidence that a gun in the hand of a teacher will stop an armed attacker. The vice-principal of a school in Pearl, Mississippi used his handgun to stop and detain an armed killer until the police arrived. It seems obvious that armed and trained staff members inside the school are in a better position to identify the attackers and do something immediately to resolve the situation. It is much harder for police, who arrive on the scene too late to stop the killing.

Lawmakers With Blood on Their Hands

An obstacle to training and arming teachers is the current law in many states prohibiting the possession of firearms on school grounds even when the possessor is qualified and has a concealed weapons license.

Understand that those laws did not prevent or stop the gun violence at numerous schools over the last ten years. The brazen attacks in school after school during the last decade indicate criminals have concluded that 'Gun-Free-School-Zone' actually means 'Government Certified, Helpless and Unarmed Victim Zone.'

Schools Can't Afford to Pass on No Cost Security

Most school districts cannot afford to have even one full time police officer in every school, but they can easily afford to train three or more of their selected staff members to a higher level of firearms training than offered in police academies because Front Sight will provide the training at no cost.

Retired law enforcement firearms instructor, Mike Waidelich from Bakersfield, California strongly supports the Front Sight concept of arming and training teachers. "Nearly every tragedy on or off school grounds in the entire 30 years of my law enforcement career could have been prevented or the damage done considerably limited, by the presence of an armed and trained individual."

Concealed Guns

The training provided in Front Sight's basic training classes easily exceeds the training provided in most police basic training academies.

Front Sight proved it on their nationally televised reality series Front Sight Challenge. 80 Seasoned law enforcement officers from around the country went head-to-head in tests of marksmanship, speed and tactics against 80 private citizens-- including teachers-- who had not received any training other than Front Sight's firearms courses. Remarkably, the Front Sight trained, private citizens won over half of every contest.

Teachers will be trained to carry a concealed weapon, so potential attackers will not know which teachers are armed and which are not. In states that have adopted concealed weapon laws for private citizens, violent crime has dropped. School attacks will drop as well once it is known that any of the teachers and staff members on school grounds have the ability and training to stop a violent attack immediately.

There is also scientific research that supports Front Sight's stance on concealed weapon training from John Lott, Jr. at University of Chicago School of Law who published Crime, Deterrence and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handguns in July 1996. Mr. Lott's research of cross-sectional time-series data from all 3054 U.S. counties from 1977 to 1992 found that allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons deters violent crime and appears to produce no increase in accidental deaths. If those states which did not have right-to-carry concealed handgun provisions had adopted them in 1992, approximately 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes, and over 60,000 aggravated assaults would have been avoided yearly.

Gun Control Increases Violent Crime

How many times must we experience another Littleton, Colorado or Virginia Tech or Newtown Connecticut massacre before we wake up, study the research and adopt policies which actually reduce crime and begin saving our children instead of leaving them helpless victims when the next psych drug user snaps?

Gun control increases violent crime yet some politicians continue to tout disarming law abiding citizens as a solution. Front Sight has a better solution.

Arm and train school teachers to carry a concealed weapon. And post a DIFFERENT sign outside of ever school!

Look for the RIGHT sign all over America. They are in front of the homes of armed and trained Front Sight students. If you were a deranged murderer, which house would you invade? One with an armed and trained occupant with a Front Sight sign or one who had a "Gun Free Zone" sign in his yard? The answer is simple to any rational person.

WHY ARE SCHOOLS ANY DIFFERENT?

Don't have a sign? Get one here: http://www.readytodefend.com/frontsight/

Front Sight Yard Signs

Front Sight Window Decals

It is time WE WAKE UP and start providing REAL protection for our children in schools. Front Sight stands ready, willing and able to train every teacher in America if that is what it takes! Help us protect your children by demanding YOUR school send their teachers to Front Sight!

Sincerely,

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
7975 Cameron Drive, #900
Windsor, CA 95492
http://www.frontsight.com
[email protected]

Lighters don't cause fires. Must we outlaw lighters and matches? Just a thought.

AGAIN, IT IS NOT THE WEAPON, BE IT A FIREARM, EXPLOSIVE, GAS, EDGED WEAPON, etc... it is the idiot committing the crime.

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom