Guilty.... Lacey Act violations....

elks96

Long Time Member
Saw this story in the local paper.

For anyone hiring a guide in Colorado make sure they have the Proper Lic. Also always make sure you have the right lic.

In this case Illegal outfitting in a trophy unit and NR hunters without the proper lic.

In the end I feel the guys got off easy as Colorado law might have actually hit them harder than the Lacey Act.

What do you think?

http://www.postindependent.com/news/four-convicted-in-decade-of-big-game-violations/

I agree!
A good hunt would cost that much (for the guys with money).
It was a helluva deal for them ...until they got caught!
Zeke

In Utah, if you are caught using your license in a unit you're not supposed to be hunting, and you were guided there, all you need to do is report that you "called and spoke to 'someone'" at a DNR office, and it's all good from there... Especially if you are a NR.

CO law enforcement is way too strict, prosecuting people that violate laws and whatnot. Come on. They need to be more like Utah... :) :) :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

They should have come down on the hunters harder. They obviously knew they were breaking the law when they were shooting multiple Bull Elk in the same season. Glad the guy got caught, but all of these stores are a little disheartening. Makes you wonder how often this is happening. Seems like poaching is happening on a lot wider scale that most people think.

And They let em do it/Watch them for 10 Years before they Bust em!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom