guided oryx

time2hunt

I thought the missle range was closed to all public access, In the last month I have received multiple flyers fors oryx guides on the range are they allowed to pre scout.If not why would people pay $1200-$3000 for some one to guide them.

Several friends are outfitters and guides there and are starting to offer oryx hunts, and you find some of the reasons very interesting. You might find people who want someone who knows where most of the animals are, where the bigger ones come from, who has better knowledge of their habits and what happens under pressure the second day, who knows how to dress and cape, or just has a vehicle so you can fly in and not have to rent something. If money isn't a big issue with you, it might be for companionship only.

As far as the new regs, WSMR and NMDGF said they couldn't prove that alot of the guides accompanying hunters were making money on the range(Georgie and his boys as well as others)so they decided to make it legal and make money off of them too. That being said a guide might be of help, maybe not for you, but for others. Oryx are hard to judge and the logistics for a NonRes might make it more reasonable for a once-ina-lifetime hunt.

If you hunt hard, you shouldnt need one to find animals. But like other said, if you dont know anyone who can help you get the thing out, cape, Ect it may be good.
I am sure that if you asked public here, guys would love to tag along for free that know where to find them. had multiple offers when i went. After the hunt I saw why, it is a fun hunt!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom