Guide to warm weather meat care

Great video, good common cents. I took a trip last year and looked into this heavily for I would not be able to come out for 10 days and did not want meat spoiled. I took a thermometer and citrus acid and a small spray bottle. Goggle citrus acid and meat care. I also researched game bags, did you know some game bags will enhance meat spoilage by how there stitched and how tight of weave is and letting air in and out . There is actually a video where they test meat rotting in the top end game bags. I thought my Kuiu were top shelf, I switched to Argali meat bags for what I believe to get 3 or 4 more days out in the field in warm weather. There are also several Alaskan top end meat bags and I know some one is making anti bacterial meat bags. Good Luck, have fun and kill a good one!

Thanks for posting! I was taught to debone which watching this will make me reconsider- especially if it’s close to the car.

But when we did de bone we would put a twist in the game bag between chunks of meat to help cool it and keep the chunks separate. Never considered the contamination factor of stacked cuts of meat so we got lucky there

Here’s another good one I was watching this morning. This guys gets a bit more scientific on the subject.

That goes into scientific depth and interesting. Citric acid I never knew about.

If it's low humidity the meat from a blacktail will get a dry crust over it and will keep several days in the shade. We take the game bags off at night to get maximum air flow. Just be sure to put a clean bag on before the flies come out. Big animals are a whole other ball game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom