Guida vs Maynard

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Sorry but I avoided this until I actually saw the entire fight. Guida got robbed! Maynard had half as many strikes landed in the fight from what I saw and was the only one that was taken down in the fight. I had Guida winning that fight 49-46. Maybe the judges didn't like his strategy of not sitting in front of Maynard to get punched? Isn't that the idea of NOT getting knocked out? I don't get it. Thanks God for Fuel TV for re-running these fights so quickly for those of us that miss it live.

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

Forgot to mention....why wasn't Guidas corner calling for more head kicks? It seemed that every head kick Guida threw, it landed. How could they not realize that? Worried about the takedown? Guida is fast and strong enough to avoid Maynards takedowns IMO. Even if he threw 3 or 4 kicks a round....it sways the judges decision. I'm irritated!!!!

Steve

That's why I stopped fighting professionally, I kept annihilating dudes and the judges kept spoon feeding them wins...I got so irritated I finally retired so I hear ya Wiz!!

~Z~

Guida run alot of circles that night!

You're right!

I don't think the Judges liked it!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

>I didn't like Guida running either,
>terrible fight, IMO the judges
>got it right.

+1! Was it a fight or a track meet?!..

So, you guys think Maynard SCORED more times that Guida did? Guida took Maynard down as well as shrugged off one of Maynards takedown attempts. Do you think that Maynard had more strikes land than Guida? Or more significant strikes? I think that is what it comes down to. This wasnt a fight like the Kaleb Strarnes/Josh Neer fight where he just ran. Guida did engage and he did connect. Just not seeing how you guys agree with the judges.

Z....by reading some of your posts, I see that you have probably sustained enough head trauma to last a life time so I'm glad you got out when you did. :)

Steve

Guida has been in some great fights but like Dana White said, that fight sucked ! Greg Jacksons camp has been taking alot of heat for coming up with that kind of game plan. This is MMA not boxing. I hope this doesn't become a UFC trend, when your in with a guy that might beat you ...just stick and run, you don't win fight of the night like that or any other bonuses. Boxers fight like that but great mma fighters don't ! If they don't like the decision don't leave it in the judges hands. Now I hope Silva vs Sonnen is a little better fight on Saturday night.

>This wasnt
>a fight like the Kaleb
>Strarnes/Josh Neer fight where he
>just ran.

Kaleb Starnes/Nate Quarry:)

U r right....Nate Quarry. It's been a while since that fight happened. That fight was classic....how Quarry imitated Starnes running like a girl. Starnes got fired after that performance. Weak!!! Thanks for the correction.

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom