Guess the Score of this Pronghorn

EliAGrimmett

This buck was only about 100 yards so I was able to take some really good video of him through my spotting scope.

Give me your best guess for the score of this buck!

I have a photo and then a video clip if you click on the link to YouTube.

3046screen_shot_2011-07-14_at_3.25.29_pm.jpg

www.PronghornGuideService.com

You 2 before me need to head over to walmart and get your eyes checked. He's 85...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I can't even seeing him making the 80 mark. He's a nice buck but I don't think near as high as most of you think.

Have a good one BB

Well I just looked at the video and now I can see why you guys guessed in the 80's. I just judged him from the photo and he did not look as good as he really is . I still think he'd be less than 83, but still much better than I orginally thought.

Have a good one. BB

That buck is a stud, he has it all, mass below and above the prong which is most important. I am guessing 86 to 87. I have an 84 on the wall, that one is bigger.

Rich

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-11 AT 07:44AM (MST)[p]Eldorado,I'd say you're right on the money! I might give him one more penny and move him up to 80, but I think you nailed it.

What are you guys guessing on the length? He doesn't curl in at all but he is really tall. I think he's like 17.5 on his mains, prongs probably 6 and I can't tell much on mass.

I'll guess 84.5 though, I think he's a booner!

Well, looking at that picture just confirms for me how little I know about scoring antelope:) from the front he looks good not great, from the side in the video he looks great!!! Nice buck for sure - maybe 85??

My thoughts are that not only is he tall (I'm also guessing a good 17.5"), even though he doesn't curl that much, but he is going to have four real good mass measurements and that's where you really up the score on a goat. Eli will probably give us a real experts guess in a day or two!

He's 16-16.5" tall
He's got 5-5.25" cutters
And he's got 21 or 22" of mass a side.

Therefore I would guess 84-86" BIG

Shoot em till their dead

A buck like that in front of me? My luck is something will screw it up.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

His prongs are low so I don't think he's in the mid 80's. Maybe low 80's (80 or 81) but I think he's more of a 70's buck.

Oh boy. just watched the video and man he looked different. Forget what I said. He's a beauty! He's at least in the low 80's. Thanks for sharing! Great footage.

Looks like a newbie just posted without reading the thread, LOL!

Hey GWH1224---The buck was killed and scored a whopping 94"!!! Read the post by Eli right before my last post.

Wow. I wouldn't have guessed that it would have scored that high. And I am a newbie to this and at antelope judging as you probably figured out.

My guess is 94"! LOL
Here's proof, once more, that scoring from a photo (computer screen) will never replace having horns and tape in hand.
It's fun to play these games though.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom