ground blinds

carterj16

Which model of ground blinds do you like using. Have 2 young kids that I want to take. I will use it for turkey, deer and maybe hike it in somewhere for elk. Need a good size 1 that doesnt weigh a ton. thanks

My buddy and I have the Ameristep Doghouse Blinds and you can get them for as low as $66 on amazon.com. They are spring loaded, very well made and durable, and fold up into a circle to put right into the backpack that comes with them.

I really like the Dark Horse. Ameristep makes good blinds as well. Seems no matter which ones you get you have to waterseal the seams.

The above post was written with all due respect....

Ameristep is hard to beat because of the price.

I have one Ameristep and one Double Bull.

The Double Bull is a better blind, but pricey.

I use an Ameristep also. I've used on an elk hunt in AZ, a deer hunt in AZ and a deer hunt in CO. On two of the hunts we had rain and we stayed dry. Pretty easy to set up. Find the loop on the top panel and lift. That sets the perimeter. Grab each of the side loops and pull out and that sets the side wall. Place in position and brush in. Takes about 20 minutes and most of that is spent placing the brush. Comes with a duffle with two shoulder straps. I've carried it with and without my backpack and it works acceptably.

habitat---Once you get the hang of which way you need to twist them to get them into the small circles to place into the backpack it's a breeze. I will readily admit that if someone had a video of me doing it the first couple times it was hilarious and like watching a monkey trying to f*** a football, LOL!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom