Grizzly Lawsuit Round Two

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-12 AT 01:01PM (MST)[p]http://www.powelltribune.com/news/item/9338-judge-allows-grizzly-bear-mauling-suit-to-proceed
Many nay sayers on this lawsuit. Now the federal government will have to defend this lawsuit and file an answer to the complaint.

Yep; from the little bit in the article it looks like they didn't follow written protocol. If the Feds are smart, da, they will settle the case and not lose even more than what she'll win at trial. However, you can probably disregard what I just said and figure they'll waste even more of our taxpayer money instead of just admitting they screwed up!

http://www.powelltribune.com/news/item/9556-december-trial-set-for-bear-mauling-case
Another follow up article showing that a trial date has been set in this case for December. The federal government is arguing that they had no legal duty to warn people that a drugged grizzly bear was left next to hiking trail located just a few minutes from some federal lease cabins, a nearby boy scout camp and the road leading to the east entrance of YNP.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-12 AT 07:23PM (MST)[p]It's hard to believe that the complainant hasn't asked for a jury trial yet. If she does do that, I would bet that she will win the case and make the Feds look real bad when the ones involved have already admitted that they did not follow the proper protocol that was in place at the time. They would definitely lose the case if trammer was on the jury, LOL!

i have ridden that trail head several times where they fropped off the bear and one thing i dont understand is that it was dropped off near several cabins that are occupied.

also what was stated before that there is a nearby boy scout camp maybe a 1/4 mile away. the kitty creek trail head is a very popular riding trail. why wasnt any of this a factor to releasing the bear?

"The judge in a lawsuit filed by the widow of a man killed by a grizzly bear has decided not to view the mauling site near Yellowstone National Park in person on the advice of the U.S. Marshals Service, which has deemed the area too risky because of recent bear activity."

Save time and money, just cut her the check.

WW---That would certainly be the way to go after the Judge is told bu Federal Officials not to vist the scene due to bear activity and then you look at what they did by releasing a drugged animal there to boot. That's more than an accident waiting to happen and they will lose no matter whether it is just a decision by the Judge or if it would go to a jury.

The part I liked was seeing Spence's firm taking one in the teeth. Won't be at all surprised if this doesn't get an appeal...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom