Grizz or Brownie?

J

jt00082

I've been having a few bears hit my bait and this bear is stumping me and a few of my buddies. Do you guys think it is a grizz or a brownie?

3315bear1.jpg

3119bear2.jpg

470bear3.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-11 AT 08:03AM (MST)[p]i second the black bear, brown color phase. where are you, somewhere by yellowstone id venture to guess?

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

>Around Island Park, really close to
>yellowstone.

I don't mean to kill the mood in here but...if you read in the regs it is illegal to bait in fremont county and I know island park in in fremont county???

Definetely no HUMP so not a Grizz and "Brownies" only live on Coastal AK, correct? This appears to be a real pretty looking "Brownie color phase" blackie.

Lostantler, you can bait in unit 60 in Fremont County. I have run a bait there for the last 15 years. That is a black bear, but I had grizzlies on my bait the last 2 years in that area.

When the regs said for unit 61 "Bait and dogs prohibited in Fremont County and east of Howard Creek in Clark County" I guess I just assumed that ment all of fremont county. That is worded very ambiguously. My mistake

Thanks for the clarification Bullelk..

And lostantler, the regs are definitely worded weird about the whole Fremont County thing. I had to talk to fish and game about that last year to get clarification.

He's probably in Unit 60 where he is fine..

I'd shoot that big black bear!

- Austin A Atkinson

Yes, the wording is really awkward. It implies all of Fremont County is closed. Baiting is permitted in unit 61 west of Howard Creek, which puts you in Clark County. East of Howard Creek is Fremont County.

If you can't tell that's a Black Bear you have no business Hunting! Sorry but that's what makes Hunters look like idiots, killing Grizzz when they thought it was a Black Bear! Can you tell a Bull Elk fron a cow Elk? Or do you shoot and see what you shot? Here this might help you and Idaho should adopt this as well since you have proven your ignorance.http://fwp.mt.gov/education/hunter/bearID/default.html

looks to me that there is a second bear in the back ground, looks like his eye reflecting, especially by the tree, looks like hes looking this way. nice black bear though.

>If you can't tell that's a
>Black Bear you have no
>business Hunting! Sorry but that's
>what makes Hunters look like
>idiots, killing Grizzz when they
>thought it was a Black
>Bear! Can you tell a
>Bull Elk fron a cow
>Elk? Or do you shoot
>and see what you shot?
>Here this might help you
>and Idaho should adopt this
>as well since you have
>proven your ignorance.http://fwp.mt.gov/education/hunter/bearID/default.html

Wolverine - you have no right to question my intelligence. I'm sure I have significantly more knowledge about animals and hunting than you do. I posted these pictures on this forum to get an opinion from the general public, not to have a hick wannabe hunter call me an idiot. I have had 2 Idaho Fish and Game officers/biologists tell me this is a grizzly, and 2 Idaho Fish and Game officers/biologists tell me this is a black bear. Thanks for your opinion and comments.

>>If you can't tell that's a
>>Black Bear you have no
>>business Hunting! Sorry but that's
>>what makes Hunters look like
>>idiots, killing Grizzz when they
>>thought it was a Black
>>Bear! Can you tell a
>>Bull Elk fron a cow
>>Elk? Or do you shoot
>>and see what you shot?
>>Here this might help you
>>and Idaho should adopt this
>>as well since you have
>>proven your ignorance.http://fwp.mt.gov/education/hunter/bearID/default.html
>
>Wolverine - you have no right
>to question my intelligence.
>I'm sure I have significantly
>more knowledge about animals and
>hunting than you do.
>I posted these pictures on
>this forum to get an
>opinion from the general public,
>not to have a hick
>wannabe hunter call me an
>idiot. I have had
>2 Idaho Fish and Game
>officers/biologists tell me this is
>a grizzly, and 2 Idaho
>Fish and Game officers/biologists tell
>me this is a black
>bear. Thanks for your
>opinion and comments.

Well I've lived and Hunted in Idaho for 40 years and the question you asked was the dumbest ##### I ever read! If you don't know you have no business Hunting dumb ass! Do so some research before go after an animal! That is a Black Bear 1000% if you are to stupid to know that and have to ask on this forum give up Hunting and do everybody a favor Idiot! Ignorant people like you make the rest of us look bad! Were are you from? California?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom