Grizz and Wolf

Robiland

Very Active Member
I was passing through Cokeville last weekend and got gas and ended up talking to a sheep herder, that owned the herd. Very nice guy and had some crazy cool stories too.

Anyways, talking to him, he said that right there by Lake Alice a few years ago there was a grizz killed right there. Then he said there are 4 know grizzlies just outside of Kemmerrer. The fish and game know about them and mentioned some think that they put them there.

Also, the wolves in the area above Cokeville, he said that they are in there and they see them and hear them alot. Another kid was there at the gas station and chimed in, said that he saw2 adult and 3 pups chasing a deer above Lake Alice last saturday morning.

Sounds like the Wolves and the Grizzlies decided to walk outside the park boundaries. Makes me wonder how long until the Grizz and wolves are established in Utah (where I am from). Pretty crazy.

Confirmed grizzly sighting just north of Kemmerer this year.

Another one a few years ago.

No reason to assume they wouldn't be around Lake Alice as well.

Wolves wouldn't surprise me at all. The ones that went into CO from Wyo had no trouble crossing I-80. So its simply a matter of time till UT has them, if not already. I suspect the UT contingent will be along shortly with numerous tales of sightings in UT of both wolves and grizz.

This guy was kicking around my cabin a couple years ago. 40 miles from Lake Alice.
1723655772956.jpeg

1723655888189.jpeg

This one from a few years before that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom