Green River

Stonefly

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-13-13 AT 10:15PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-13-13 AT 10:14?PM (MST)

Hey Elkassasin, Do you ever fly fish the Green river below the damn down to little hole? Or any of the other MM'rs for that matter. I try to go out each year a bit later on, but my Co. has a job in Dutch John in about a week. I might go out if the Fishin is good

3947239.jpg

Tried to post this old pic on the first post but it wouldnt work

lol.....big sinkers and chicken livers are bess's expertise.....

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

>lol.....big sinkers and chicken livers are
>bess's expertise.....

That's the Lower Green River ZIGGER!:D

Well StoneFly!

I don't get much time for Fishin much anymore!

But if you're gonna be workin in Dutch John You'd best bring your Fishin Tackle & Try it!

Make Sure & Read Up on the Current Regulations,both Gorge & The River!

Not Sure there's any place left on the River where a Guy could Drowned a Worm!:D:D:D

They're in there,just gotta find out what the Finicky Bastards are Hittin?

I'll send you a PM StoneFly!

Good Luck & We Hope to see some Pics!

>
>
>
>When you go swimming in the
>ocean, it is very cold,
>and it makes my willy
>small

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

We used to fish that section every year during the last week of April.

Couple of years ago the BWO got going heavy above Little Hole, I stood in one spot and caught fish for hours. I was using a Quigley Cripple, other guys in my group were using a variety of things. All worked. Had to have been the best 2 days of dry fly fishing I've ever experienced.

So yeah, the fishing can be pretty good there. I fly fish, don't know much about bait. I've heard rapalas work well there too.

Used to catch the crap out of 'em on tiny tot jigs if you're a spincaster.1/8 to 1/4 oz,depending on the depth and current.You gotta bounce them on the bottom.Bring plenty!Haven't fished there for many years,though.Lotta folks down there nowdays.Black,brown,and ginger worked best.

If you want to fish, try emerging dry fly patterns and nymphs for this time of year. If you want to catch fish - use Rapalas.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Stonefly that looks fun. If I may ask what kind of boat is that? I'm looking for something small like that to get on the river and would have to be small enough to handle with on person. Not interested in a canoe.

It's a really old kick boat, an Outcast. I bought it in about 1997 or sometime like that. it is 9' and if you look close you can see it has 4 pontoons not 2. It has an aluminum frame that I widened 5". Our family has newer boats, a couple different kinds, I like my wife's the best, its a Bucks bag with stainless steel frame, and has Scanden class5 pontoons. If you look around you can find alot of good deals on used ones,just make sure you get good pontoons with pvc air bladders, not rubber. If you ever have a leak you can fix them right there on the river. I went 3 days on the Green river once with just a duct tape patch lol.

We used to sneak up as close to the damn as we could on a full moon nights during the summer and throw Rapala's........good old days!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom