not in any particular order:

Smoke on the Water
Iron Man
Money for Nothing
Stairway to Heaven
Back in Black
Enter Sandman
Start me Up

I would bet that you have Michael Bolton in your disk player right now. Or maybe it's Prince? Do you own a purple velvet suit?

02.jpg

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
funny_icons_.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-08 AT 10:04AM (MST)[p]Shummy
I do like Prince's music. He is a very talented and gifted musician, far better than most. You know what 'Little Red Corvette' was about?

Fug
That is funny!!! Damn!

Have you ever seen the Dave Chappel show where he does the prince bit? It's pretty funny.

I can honestly say I've never listened to Prince, I just can't get past the velvet suit.

?Tiptoe through the tulips? by Tiny Tim. Wait! Do ukulele riffs count?

RUS

ANYTHING from the late Randy Rhoades (Ozzy's original lead guitarist)

His playing in "Mr. Crowley" is incredible!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I have got to second the randy rhodes.......his solo stuff on the end of the Tribute CD.....awesome.

477ae34e5b284072.jpg

+3 on Randy Rhodes ...... Gary Rossington doing Freebird ain't bad either.

RUS

Brett......here's a hint.

Scrap the Felano name, make up a new one like....Griz, or Buffalo, or Mad Bull or Three Balls.....you get the idea.

Then start over.....by backing off the stuff of ribbons and bows and hairy butt crack inuendo.

If you want to participate in the MM forum, stick to things that we can reply to without feeling like we need to go wash our hands.

Otherwise.....you asked for it!

Word is out that you wear gold lamme' hunting boots, a feather boa and a safari hat with a peacock feather in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three balls, why didn't I think of that? I asked for my nickname which is "Coconuts" but it wasn't allowed.

i like the old stuff too but working construction and being around framers all the time, i get tired of the same twenty songs they play sometimes over and over, day after day, to where you can set your watch by what song is blasting on the radio. Rant? who, me?

Carlos Santana's album, "Supernatural" really floats my boat. "forget about it" comes to mind but the whole album is Great!

Sage.... careful about "floating your boat" remember who started this post.

RUS

Rus, i gotta mind to usually leave people be as they are, but Yes and Thanks. Probably pays to lock the house even if you don't think any crooks are around.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-08 AT 07:23PM (MST)[p]Slamdunk Randy was not Ozzy's original guitarist when he broke off from Sabbath and went solo, it was Brad Gillis from Night Ranger.
As far as greatest riffs. ( Not in any particular order):
Jimi Hendryx - Voodoo Chile (Stevie Ray did it better IMO)
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
Van Halen - Hot for Teacher or Mean Street
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
Blue Oyster Cut - Dont fear the Reaper
Ozzy - Crazy Train
B52's - Rock Lobster

Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

There are several by Zakk Wilde, Ozzy's current guitar man and one hell of a solo act.
And Polarbear +1 on the Pantera Dime Bag was the man.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting HOLY SH!T WHAT A RIDE!!!

I'm wondering why Feleno gets so much flack??? What does Feleno mean??? Is he really as gay as it sounds??? Just wondering.

Pat Travers - life in london

Leonard Skinard - freebird

Ronni montrose - Rock candy

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-08 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever

AC/DC - Back in Black

Van Halen - Mean Street

Ozzy/Rhoades - Crazy Train

Anything by Jimi Hendrix. Listen to the 1st minute of "Voodoo Chile" then tell me I'm wrong..

Good ones listed already. There are several others by Megadeth.
Wake Up Dead & Peace Sells to name a few.

Someone mentioned Carlos Santana earlier. I've seen him live twice and both times it was an outdoor venue under the stars and they were both high on my list of best live shows I've attended. Bob Seger was another good one.

(1) Hendrix: Voodoo Child
(2) Robert Johnson (circa 1936): Hell Hound on my Trail
(3) Stevie Ray Vaughan: It's Floodin' down in Texas

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-08
>AT 07:23?PM (MST)

>
>Slamdunk Randy was not Ozzy's original
>guitarist when he broke off
>from Sabbath and went solo,
>it was Brad Gillis from
>Night Ranger.
>As far as greatest riffs. (
>Not in any particular order):
>
>Jimi Hendryx - Voodoo Chile (Stevie
>Ray did it better IMO)
>
>Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
>Van Halen - Hot for Teacher
>or Mean Street
>Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
>
>Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
>Blue Oyster Cut - Dont fear
>the Reaper
>Ozzy - Crazy Train
>B52's - Rock Lobster
>
>Eric
>

>
> Ultra liberal, wolf loving,
>illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on
>crack piss me off!!!!
>
>
deerline.gif

RR was ozzy's original guitar player. on both blizzard and diary. Brad Gillis was a fill in to finish the tour after RR's death. Ozzy Osbourne's Blizzard of Oz was Randy Rhodes-guitar. Bob Daisley-Bass. Bill Kerslake-Drums. Don Airy- keyboards. Interesting fact, due to legal hassels with the band and ozzy, you wont find anyone but Rhodes named as part of the band on either album.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-10-08 AT 07:53PM (MST)[p] Robin Trower... Bridge of sighs is a great one.
Saw him in concert last summer, it was wierd seeing this little old man playing just as good as he did when he was a young guy.

anything by Randy Rhoads
anything by Zakk Wylde
anything by Dimebag
Slayer "Reign in Blood"
Metallica "Master of Puppets"
Megadeth "Holy Wars"
Machine Head "Aesthitics of Hate"
Lamb of God everything I can't play any of it

My all time favorite it Master of Puppets. Been trying to learn to down pick that whole song for a long time.

"Freebird" by Skynard. "Eruption" and "Ice Cream Man" by Van Halen. I know, I'm dating myself by listing those.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-08 AT 09:57PM (MST)[p]Gotta go with Mr. Rhodes. Have to admit I had most of you guys pegged as Waylon and Willie boys who wouldn't appreciate Ozz type tunes. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with Waylon and Willie. Rock on brothers Rock on...............

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-08 AT 10:03PM (MST)[p]gemstatejake, you are correct. I must have had a brain fart and got the albums all out of sequence. My bad, I should know better, I've been playing guitar for 30 years and mostly 70's and 80's stuff like old Ozzy.
Buglinbull. try it at half speed and force yourself not to give it to the temptaion of going balls out.
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Layla---Eric Clapton
Reelin in the years---Steely Dan
Moonshine Sonata---Black Oak Arkansas
Boogie with Stu--Led Zeppelin
Never Let You Go--Third Eye Blind
Never Been Any Reason--Head East

>Layla---Eric Clapton
>Reelin in the years---Steely Dan
>Moonshine Sonata---Black Oak Arkansas
>Boogie with Stu--Led Zeppelin
>Never Let You Go--Third Eye Blind
>
>Never Been Any Reason--Head East

good line up, you must be my age, brings back memories...

Bucket head,Most of you probly havnt heard of him but he is one of the most amazing players ever .Dont beleive me ,go to BUCKETHEAD.com and enjoy.Pretty weird dude but he can shread.

fldrw22 Thank you I totally forgot about Buckethead, he is good. I got to see him live here in Utah a few years ago playing with Primus. I think that Slash deserves a mention on here.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting HOLY SH!T WHAT A RIDE!!!

I would have a different answer on any given day but Duane Allman's slide work on Statesboro Blues and One Way Out.

Heart 'Barracuda' (Roger Fisher)
Led Zeppelin 'Immigrant Song' (Jimmy Page)
Jimmy Hendrix 'Voodoo Chile' (Jimmy Hendrix)
Boston 'Don't Look Back' (Tom Scholz,Gary Pihl)
Cream 'Sunshine Of Your Love'(Eric Clapton,Jack Bruce)

These riffs kick A$$

BigFly
47bec37d1951da49.jpg

Murphy, have you ever listen to Duane's replacement Warren Haynes? IMO he is/was as good if not better that Duane. I've seen the Allman Bros and Govt Mule over a dozen times and they never get old. You've gotta love a band that will play a set and then go into a four hour encore!
Eric

deerline.gif

1: Green Grass and High Tides (Outlaws)
2: Cocain (Eric Clapton)
3: Brown Sugar ( ZZ Top)

P.S. All Skynrd and Allman Bros. songs qualify :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

No one has mentioned them soI guess I will...
Anything by BB King
Anything by Kenny Wayne Sheppard
Anything by Johnny Lang
It sure is hard to beat a good guitar jam

This is a list of the Best Guitarist from Rolling Stones magazine. You might be surprized who made it!!!

1 Jimi Hendrix
2 Duane Allman of the Allman Brothers Band
3 B.B. King
4 Eric Clapton
5 Robert Johnson
6 Chuck Berry
7 Stevie Ray Vaughan
8 Ry Cooder
9 Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin
10 Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones
11 Kirk Hammett of Metallica
12 Kurt Cobain of Nirvana
13 Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead
14 Jeff Beck
15 Carlos Santana
16 Johnny Ramone of the Ramones
17 Jack White of the White Stripes
18 John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers
19 Richard Thompson
20 James Burton

>This is a list of the
>Best Guitarist from Rolling Stones
>magazine. You might be surprized
>who made it!!!
>
>1 Jimi Hendrix
>2 Duane Allman of the Allman
>Brothers Band
>3 B.B. King
>4 Eric Clapton
>5 Robert Johnson
>6 Chuck Berry
>7 Stevie Ray Vaughan
>8 Ry Cooder
>9 Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin
>
>10 Keith Richards of the Rolling
>Stones
>11 Kirk Hammett of Metallica
>12 Kurt Cobain of Nirvana
>13 Jerry Garcia of the Grateful
>Dead
>14 Jeff Beck
>15 Carlos Santana
>16 Johnny Ramone of the Ramones
>
>17 Jack White of the White
>Stripes
>18 John Frusciante of the Red
>Hot Chili Peppers
>19 Richard Thompson
>20 James Burton

Yea I am surprised at that list because it is stupid. Kurt Cobain???? what a bunch BS. Guy gets more famouse for blowing his head off that his talent. And then Eddy Van Halen isn't even in the list

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-08 AT 10:05PM (MST)[p]>This is a list of the
>Best Guitarist from Rolling Stones
>magazine. You might be surprized
>who made it!!!
>
>1 Jimi Hendrix
>2 Duane Allman of the Allman
>Brothers Band
>3 B.B. King
>4 Eric Clapton
>5 Robert Johnson
>6 Chuck Berry
>7 Stevie Ray Vaughan
>8 Ry Cooder
>9 Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin
>
>10 Keith Richards of the Rolling
>Stones
>11 Kirk Hammett of Metallica
>12 Kurt Cobain of Nirvana
>13 Jerry Garcia of the Grateful
>Dead
>14 Jeff Beck
>15 Carlos Santana
>16 Johnny Ramone of the Ramones
>
>17 Jack White of the White
>Stripes
>18 John Frusciante of the Red
>Hot Chili Peppers
>19 Richard Thompson
>20 James Burton

This list must have been made up by some stoned hippies! Kurt Cobain, Jerry Garcia, Jack White And Johnny Ramone dont deserve to be in the presence of the other guys. They were mediocre players that got a nod only because of the bands they were in. IMO. Gerry Garcia even admitted to being a lousy player. Where is Eddie Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Randy Rhoades, Chet Atkins, Roy Clark, ect?

Eric

deerline.gif

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-08 AT 11:52PM (MST)[p]I'll add George Lynch from Dokken

Kind of a lame @$$ video, but the song rocks!

I actually had George Lynch on my list at first but took him off for some dumb reason. Awesome guitarist. Where is Angus Young?
Eric

deerline.gif

That list doesn't have Eddie Van Halen???? What a joke!

Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin)
Lay down Sally (Eric Clapton)
Superstitious (Stevie Wonder/Band)
Enter Sandman (Metallica)

"That list doesn't have Eddie Van
Halen???? What a joke!"

True statement. I saw Van Halen last night here in Reno and that little dude can freakin play, he's amazing!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom