Great Western Big Game Hunters Today

T

TwoDogs

LAST EDITED ON May-16-10 AT 10:19PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-16-10 AT 10:07?PM (MST)

For purposes of this discussion, let's stick to muleys, elk, pronghorns, and Coues deer........the classic western big game animals. Sheep and goats are barnyard animals.

Who do you believe are the preeminent hunters for each of these species today? And much more importantly....why? Each does not have to be a writer (but can be). Also....guides don't count....only hunters.

My votes go to:

1) Muleys - Kyle Balzly, Cliff Folkerts, Steve Knezovich......all cuz they are working men who have whacked MANY big bucks on public land unguided.

2) Antelope - Don Perrien.....who has whacked MANY B & C bucks all over the west, unguided.

3) Elk - ummmmmmmmmm.......

4) Coues deer - Jim Reynolds, no question......25+ bucks over 100", and he ain't done yet. Total dedication and knowledge of the animals habits and behaviors. One of the great all-time deer hunters.

I believe Blacktails are more popular than cous deer and just as difficult on public ground...but it's your thread :)

My hunting partner has DIY killed over a dozen 30"+ bucks on public lands. Most with his bow! That's not counting the many other huge bucks and bulls he's killed including over 30 P&Y Blacktails, and 12 years in a row on over the counter Colo archery Bulls in extremely rugged country!

He never has and is not looking for any recognition of any kind but considering the low budget hunts that he is limited to, i think his accomplishments are nothing less than remarkable!!

Joey

The dean of American Hunters and outdoor writers was commenting on this general subject once upon a time. He wrote that one "should beware of the one-gun hunter, for he knows how to use it".

Essentially, he was saying fancy and famous are not applicable to this field of endeavor.

The best hunter is probably someone who is completely unknown to the general public.....who spends his time doing many outdoor things.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I guess you guys already said that. My apologies and you're right!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

"My guess is that we will never know who the "best" hunters are because they don't need to brag to everyone, or try to get sponsored, or get on the web and puff out their chest. What a stupid thread."

This is precisely my point in this thread, AndytheWiz. You missed it.......totally. Sheeesh.

Don Perrien has killed some big goats thats for sure, I am sure there are a bunch of other guys out there that don't have there face plastered all over the magazines,

Rich

2DOGS........I AGREE ....LAME THREAD.......THE GREAT HUNTERS YOU MENTIONED (AND THEY PROB. ARE GOOD HUNTERS OUT OF RESPECT). SOME OF THE BEST HUNTERS IN THE WORLD ARE SHEEP HUNTERS....WILD SHEEP ARE TO BE RESPECTED/ THEIR NOT BARNYARD ANIMALS.....RESPECT MIGHT BE A KEY WORD HERE......JUST A THOUGHT....THX....YD.

LAST EDITED ON May-17-10 AT 09:08PM (MST)[p]YukonDall...thanks for posting, man.

Hope you ain't tooooo offended. Just to make you feel a little better, let me expand a little, hehe.

Barnyard animals don't just include sheep & goats........but also pigs, ducks, geese, cats, turkeys, and chickens (sage ones, that is). I don't hunt the barnyard animals anymore. And I have whacked quite a few bombers in WY & NV, and once hunted javelina in AZ.

WOW! one javalina hunt even... impressive indeed.

What happened to the no guide rule you made... didn't last through the first post.

And since you left the elk catagory blank I suppose we are to say,"TwoDogs" is the man...

Your googlefu is weak grasshopper and you're as transparent as cellophane over a toilet bowl.

Kent

He's the only one you know about from googling, and of course your knowledge is endless right...

Hunter first.. guide second... ahhh, that describes, well... all of them. Just who were you trying to exclude, it'd be faster just naming those.

I'm just here to see the self procaimed greatest... self proclaim himself... been needing a laugh lately.

Kent

Then your ignorance is exproportional to your boasting... sucks to be you.

Your network friends must not be active in any online forums... they have been strangely quiet over the years and different names you've used... Oh, I remember now, they pm you with their support and secret info.

You still living and working in hated Az... I remember you accused someone living in Az of being a 'Blank' just from, how did you say,'guilt of association of Az'... then come to find you have lived and worked here for quite some time.

You claimed, 'Woe, is me, it's the only place I can find work'

Like this thread, just a veritable oxyMORON.

Kent

For Mule Deer,Elk and Antelope........ME!!! Okay Fire away Boys and I'll fall back..... HEHEHEHE...

IMHO, given enough money(and time), which buys the unlimited gov tag, access to very limited private ranches and any guide service in the world, anyone's names could be written in those slots...

Stop Global Whining

Notice that any threads Twodogs creates is baited ie. "barnyard animals". He doesn't want or care about anyones opinions. He puts comments like this in order to argue, nothing more.

My guess would be that he does this on a lot of other forums/sites in order to stay busy during the day...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom