Great AZ Desert Sheep

M

maddglasser

Rick Corven took this 173 and some change ram on the first day of season in western AZ. It was an awesome hunt. We saw over 20 class 4 rams throughout scouting! 1 shot- that is the way it should be!
4754c1f82e5654d7.jpg

www.southwesthuntingadventures.com

madglass,

Congrats to you and your hunter! I knew you probably were out chasing sheep.;-)

Nicely done!

Super great ram. Dark cape really sets off the horns. Not an old ram either.

from the "Heartalnd of Wyoming"

Man that is one beautiful animal...nice rack and also awesome contrast from the horn color to the hide....congrats to the hunter and thanks for sharing....Justin

Travis, You and Troy were a blast to hunt with and it was a great time glad I got to tag along, thanks for everything and hopefully we will be filling my tag next year. Andy

Andy,
Why did you leave at 2:eek:o am, we were wanting to have fun!. Anyway you are WELCOME to camp anytime. We still got to hear some stories from you. It was our plesure having you in camp!
Travis aka maddglasser

Travis,
That's one of the best looking Deserts I have seen in a long time! Reminds me of the famous Nevada ram "Snowplow". Congrats!

Thanks for all the comments. As you tell we were VERY happy to get a trophy like that. Someday I might draw a tag of my own. If anyone hears of any other sheep , let us know!
Travis

Travis,
What were the measurements? How long were to horns and what were the bases??

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-07 AT 07:10PM (MST)[p]36&5/8 l 36&3/8 r

bases 14&6/8

3rd 8&6/8
small bases but great length and held good mass throughout 1st&2nd mass.

What a great ram Travis, but I have a couple of questions for you.
#1. Why was the hunters hat photo cropped out to a different color?
#2. You also advertise on this site that you outfit in New Mexico, but your not listed on the New Mexico Game & Fish Outfitters list.
Can you please shed some light on these issues.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-07 AT 09:02PM (MST)[p]Certainly
1st ? The hat is the same as mine but a different color I can send you the original if you like and you can veiw it for yourself or I can just post if you like and enlarge the hat if it matters that much. The post was not about a hat it was about a ram.
2nd ? I was working with another outfitter at that time. If you looked at my sight you will see I do not offer hunts in N.M. If you would like any copy of anything else please feel free to let me know.
I have a couple questions for you.
#1 What difference does it make how I spend money?
ex. #1 Hat color and varience
ex. #2 Advertising
#2 Why do you hide your profile?
Travis

Southwest Hunting Adventures -- Whether you're looking for a trophy hunt in Arizona or New Mexico, we can help. Big bull, buck, ram, and predator hunts are our specialty. We're an honest, hard working serious hunting outfit.

This is advertising text from this site that you personally typed, and it DOES say New Mexico, but your not licensed to outfit in New Mexico. Makes me wonder about the honest part that you say you are.

So let me get this straight, you took this ram while guiding for another outfitter (makes me wonder about the hat) then post it on the web and then post it on your own web site. Is the outfitter that booked that hunt have knowledge of this?

I'm the hunter in this picture and the hat I'm wearing is an older model of the hat Travis has on. It just is hard to read in this picture. It has Southwest Hunting Adventures in a light colored thread on it. I really like the design of this hat better than the newer ones. On the subject of my hunt I waited many years to draw this tag and was lucky enough to get drawn for the unit Travis had told me would be a great draw if I got it. I scouted with Travis and Troy in August and then off and on with them when they weren't busy guiding other hunts. I found Travis to be very knowledgeable about sheep and all the things a hunter needs to be successful. In my experience with Travis I found him to be very honest and a great guid that I now consider a friend. Thanks to all my friends and Travis for helping make my hunt the best hunt of my life.

First off I gotta say that is one heck of a ram, second is in response to HuntHo. It seems you have some serious self-issues and needed to release it somewhere so obviously Maddglasser was your first choice, but why be a thread thief and take away the whole purpose of this thread which is this incredible ram it was originally about! The thread was NOT about the hat that the hunter was wearing, which in fact had absolutely NOTHING to do with YOU or the hunt also, if you goto his website blog you can CLEARLY see the hat logo if its that important.

CURLS! what an animal.

the only eagle with enough power and speed to kill and gut you with one shot

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-07 AT 07:31PM (MST)[p] HuntHO, I don't even know why I'm having this discussion with you but DUDE YOU ARE A JACKASS! Where did you learn to read? Rick is a FRIEND from a long time ago and I think he has knowlegde that I am his friend. HMMM makes me wonder about you. Also you don't and never will know everything about me or do you need to know. If you want to look at my website you will see that I am not offering hunts in N.M. LEARN TO READ. I am sorry your upset about something but don't drag me into it. If you want to run your mouth get your facts straight! And no, I was not guiding for another outfitter on this sheep hunt. And that is me in the picture. SHUT UP STUPID! I will cut you a special deal on a hunt if you want one though--free-- just to come meet me face to face!
Travis
my profile is not hidden so you can find me-I'm not scared and I back what I say!

I was also on the hunt . I happen to have both models of the hats I wear the tan hat on my dates(The Chicks Really dig It) and the camo hat when I'm hunting.Hey Travis where was the other outfitter? I never seen him! Was he the dark shadowy figure on horseback Chasing HUNTHO?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom