Grandpa

sageadvice

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-14 AT 06:27PM (MST)[p]There was a time, i was in my mid to late 20's, that Grandpa didn't hunt anymore. He was a robust man of size, strength, a sharp eye, and tremendous character but during his last years with us, his body quickly deteriorated and his hunting accesses had dwindled.

Though fishing was his hobby, hunting had always been his passion. I think he enjoyed my company during often visits and i knew early on that all my Grandparents were very special in their own right. Back even early in grade school, my Mom's Dad did his best to fit me along with him on his adventures afield and i loved every minute of it. Probably much of the stuff i pass along, i got from him.

So my way of repaying Grandpa for his taking me and the years and years of resulting tutorials, was to make sure and report to him right away, any buck hunt story, a fishing trip, most any adventure i'd had while out and about. Grandpa would listen while he sat in his favorite chair and i would then go back with him, tell the tale, and go where ever his questions took me.

Of all manner of game he pursued, the Mule Deer and trying to get a good muley buck was his favorite.

Some of us are getting older. I hope there doesn't come a time when, like my Grandpa, we can't or just don't want to still go. Hunt till you drop i say, there's worse ways a going.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

JOEY.........INTERESTING POINT FOR US 60 YOA PLUS HUNTERS. I AM SEEING A GOOD NUMBER OF FELLOW HUNTERS DROPPING OUT OF THE HUNTING PASSION. SOME BECAUSE OF AGE, INJURIES, TIRED OF THE RIGORS OF PLANNING, DRIVING LONG DISTANCES, THE HIGHER PRIORITY OF GRANDS KIDS, OR THE GENERAL GAS TANK OF HUNTING IS NEAR EMPTY (BEEN THERE DONE THAT). I AM NOT THERE YET ....THANK GOD. I STILL LIKE TO HIKE AROUND TO SEE WHATS OVER THE NEXT HILL & EVERY TRIP IS AN ADVENTURE TO BOOT.

IF I DIE ON THE MOUNTAIN.....I GUESS THATS AS GOOD OF PLACE AS ANY. ..............................YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom