Grade my fantasy draft

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-09 AT 09:28PM (MST)[p]So I chose not to participate in the MM fantasy draft this year becuase I am busy with 3 other leagues. So we had our first draft tonight in the league I have been in the longest. There are 12 teams in the league and the draft was live, serpentine style. I drew #11 so that meant I had picks 11 and 14, then not again until like 33 then 36 etc. We had to fill the following positions (though not necesarily in this order) and then 4 bench positions that can be whatever we want - but only the following positions' points count each week (that's why they are mandatory): QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/T, K, D. So here is what I picked:

Rd 1 - Payton Manning (QB)
Rd 2 - Larry Fitzgerald (WR)
Rd 3 - Willy Parker (RB)
Rd 4 - Roddy White (WR)
Rd 5 - Pierre Thomas (RB)
Rd 6 - Antonio Gates (W/T)
Rd 7 - Beanie Wells (RB)
Rd 8 - Laverneus Coles (WR)
Rd 9 - Jonathon Stewart (RB)
Rd 10 - Chris Chambers (WR)
Rd 11 - San Diego (Def)
Rd 12 - Nate Kaeding (K)

I think I did pretty well! Let me know what you think - give me a grade of A, B, C etc.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

A-. You are stacked at QB and WR, but could use a better RB. Its impossible to score every top player of course, unless everyone in your league is a complete idiot.

Who is your backup QB?

2a0fcsk.gif

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-09 AT 09:22PM (MST)[p]Yeah - the run on RB's went quick - the first 10 picks, so I figured I would take my chances after that, I was surprised that I picked up Willy Parker and Pierre Thomas when I did, but hopefully I can leverage my receivers to trade up for an RB later on in the season. who knows - I think Wells is the real sleeper pick - or he could be a total turd. We will see when the season rolls around.

UTROY

I'm giving you a B since you have a better team than me in the MM league. What sucks is I actually did the draft.

If Pierre Thomas stays healthy, you will have one helluva back in him. All in all for 12 teams, not a bad draft at all.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

A- you got a great draft If those running back's pony up, you will have a tough team to beat.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-09 AT 04:35AM (MST)[p]I love Roddy White hate Wells as far as what stands out to me!

MY 1ST FFL..

QB Matt Schaub
(Hou - QB)
WR Greg Jennings
(GB - WR)
WR Steve Smith
(Car - WR)
WR Donnie Avery
(STL - WR)
RB Chris Johnson
(Ten - RB)
RB Ryan Grant
(GB - RB)
TE Antonio Gates
(SD - TE)
Jeremy Shockey
(NO - TE)

K David Ackers
(Phi - k)

Chicago
(Chi - Def)

good luck!

rm

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

i'd probably give you a b for a grade to considering your rb situation. i have pierre thomas in a league as well thinking he was going to have a breakout year and now they are talking about more of a platoon like deal in n.o. with thee backs. anymore its hard to find a team that has a horse they rely on. you are stacked at wr though.

HEY RACKMASTER, OR ANYONE ELSE I SUPPOSE, i have matt schaub also as my starting qb. we had a bigger league this year and i couldn't make the first hr of are draft so that the guy i have. my question- how did he do last year? i dont think anyone on are league played him last year?

my first year so am a rookie!
I'd stand pat and not reach for the bench yet!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Hey, Roy--
Are you a little sentimental towards the Chargers, or is that just the way your draft opportunity shook out?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-09 AT 08:19AM (MST)[p]> Hey, Roy--
> Are you a little sentimental
>towards the Chargers, or is
>that just the way your
>draft opportunity shook out?

HELL no! I bleed Orange and Blue! It pains me to death to even think I have one powder and blue player - let alone 4! but yes, this was the way the draft shook out, I was basically just trying to get the best available player at each position in each round. Gates was a no-brainer so late in the draft, and I thought Chambers was a good pick-up there and if he tanks quickly then I can drop him for a reserve QB or use for trade bait. I drafted Defense and Kicker last - they were starting to go fast. I had Bironas and Gould ranked higher than Kaeding but they went right before my turn. Then with the defense I wanted Minnesota but they went in like the 3rd round - so I just took the best left. I always end up picking up a better defense by week 3 anyway.

UTROY

Ill give you a B need more RB with depth. Would of picked a RB over a QB first Pick.

I would give you a B- you should have a good season. Here is my draft that we held today:

Matt Ryan QB
Brett Favre QB
Frank Gore RB
Marion Barber RB
Pierre Thomas RB
Ray Rice RB
Leon Washington RB
Randy Moss WR
Marques Colston WR
Chad Ochocinco WR
Steve Breaston WR
Chris Chambers WR
Patrick Crayton WR
Steve Smith WR
Eddie Royal WR
Jason Witten TE
Rob Bironas K
Patriots Def

WOW - how many people are in your league? Like 6? That is a pretty stacked team - especially at WR. You should have fun with that!

And Powellpounder - I had planned on taking two RB's with my first two picks but all the top 10 backs went in those picks, I was 11 so I took the next best available players - I had Manning and Fitzgerald ranked way higher than the next available RB and only 3 RB's went before I picked again so feel I did pretty well at RB considering. We will see how the first rounds of trades goes.

UTROY

We have an 8 team league. We play 10 players each game. 1 QB, 2/4 RB, 2/4 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1 DEF.

I am a little weak at RB and so so at QB. Should do pretty well if players stay healthy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom