GPS Reviews

S

sharpstick

Anyone out there had a chance to use the Garmin Colorado 300 or 400 GPS? I have the Garmin Legend and have used it for years but am considering upgrading to a newer model. What's the best GPS for hunters?

I've had my 400t for about a month so I'm still learning to use it. I like it so far, the mapping seems to be good.

Personally, I swear by Rino GPS/Radios combos. They are a little steep in price, but you only have to lug around one piece of eqpt, instead of two and if you and a hunting pertner have them (up to eight) you can see where they are on your screen and vice versa. Check out the Rino 530 for the top of the line model. I hunt with Rino 130s and use them a bunch at work They actually saved one of my troops not too long ago. He rolled a Polaris Ranger 6 wheeler and got pinned under it. He was able to radio us and "beam" his location to get us to him to pull it off of him. GREAT product.

DC

My son and I both have Rino120s. I took him up to northern Idaho on a late whitetail hunt a few years back and he lost his radio. No problem. We polled his position and my radio showed right where his was. The next day we walked right to it. Like Luckless, I like the idea of just lugging one piece of equiptment.

"My sickle has a boattail"
"hidden soles leave .308 holes"

I've had an experience like that while shed hunting. The key to being able to do that is to key your mic and update position every ffew minutes. Lesson learned.

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom