Got my wives lope back

400bull

Very Active Member
It took a while but we finaly got my wives first antelope back. He's not the biggest buck in the world but for her first pronghorn I think she did OK. I followed the B&C record books score sheet the best that I could and came up with a score right around 68 inches.

IMG_1324_1_1.jpg

IMG_1319_3_1.jpg

IMG_1318_2_1.jpg

400bull

maybe the picture makes it look bigger than it really is, but I think that buck is way over 68.

Great prongs and good mass, especially above the prongs, makes me think that is much better than 68.

Great buck and congrats to your wife. Thanks for sharing.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-08 AT 08:52PM (MST)[p]That buck is much bigger than 68. That buck has some great mass and is a great trophy.

Congrats on a great goat,
It does have good mass and
prongs but the length is in
question to help it score
any higher.
I would say around 13 1/2
to 14 ?

Thanks guys,

Like I said this is my first time ever trying to sizing up an lope so who knows about the measurement. All that I know is that Elayne is tickeled pink about her accomplishments and can't wait to do it again. Come on 2009, that's when she can start applying again for Utah.

HNTBIGBULLS,

You're spot on. If my memory service me right the left side was just over 13 1/2 while the right was a tad over 14. From all the post that I have seen on MM I thought that I would need to be closser to the 15-16 inch length to get in to the 70 or 80 inch mark.

Any way thanks for all the complaments. I can't wait to get out and do it again some time.

400bull

It is a pretty goat, My wife
drew a goat tag for Deseret
Ranch back in 05 after 5 years
of applying, it was the first
animal she had ever killed,
I didn,t know how she was going to
react when it all came down but
she done a great job and a one
shot kill. Now she is trying to
draw an LE elk tag.

Do you mind me asking what unit
your wifes is from?

She got it off the Fishlake Pleatue late season. The Division has been giving out a ton of tags the past couple of years for that unit making it tuff to find a BC caliber buck. In all our scouting we seen three speed goats that we felt were bigger bucks then the one she got. We had one of them with in 400 yards of us but I just could not let her take the shot. In hinsight I proably should have let her take that shot because she was able to take this buck with a shot that I know dang well I would have never taken.

400bull

Tell Elayne congrats!;-)

I am with the majority here, but I am no expert either, but 68 seems to be easily on the light side? Length on a goat is like 30" on a mule deer. It helps score, but mass and prongs are as much, or more important than length? If you add 2" per side of length making him 15 1/2 and 16, that adds 4" and puts him at 72"? Not! I just think he is bigger, not that it matters.:)

Great goat!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom