Got an AMEX card?

feddoc

Long Time Member

"American Express has to do its own digging about how it sits in relationship to this history of racial capitalism," Muhammad said. "You are complicit in giving privileges in one community against the other, under the pretext that we live in a meritocratic system where the market judges everyone the same."

Muhammad argued that the credit card company should reduce standards for black customers and sacrifice profits in the interest of race-based reparations.

Good for them we’re heading for a fall in in the financial sector. 3.4 trillion bill someone just signed just let China walk on in. In the meantime let’s make more gun laws and divide the county. This site is a perfect example on how lawful gun owners can can turn on our own community. I hope we can defeat communism in our country but with toxic masculinity and crt they are trying to emasculate our youth. It’s a 30 year plan in my mind. Also I don’t sit to pee I go outside much more often than wasting good water wish that would catch on.

Good for them we’re heading for a fall in in the financial sector. 3.4 trillion bill someone just signed just let China walk on in. In the meantime let’s make more gun laws and divide the county. This site is a perfect example on how lawful gun owners can can turn on our own community. I hope we can defeat communism in our country but with toxic masculinity and crt they are trying to emasculate our youth. It’s a 30 year plan in my mind. Also I don’t sit to pee I go outside much more often than wasting good water wish that would catch on.
I haven't peed inside for 2-3 weeks. The lizards don't mind.

When my father came to America in 1952, he had $25 in his pocket after he got off the boat. Had to have a sponsor to come here and got a job right away so he can make enough money to get mom over. Once here they both had to follow the rules and learn the English language to become citizens. They made many friends here and they all helped each other. I have their citizenship papers that I found cleaning their house out last year when they passed away.

They both worked to get her parents here, helping with sponsors and whatever else was needed to become citizens. They followed the strict guidelines that were established. They were thrilled to be here. They made a great life in a great country.

Today we give everyone freebies and the work ethic is gone. Entitlement is rampant and becoming the norm. I retired a few months back and never collected a penny of public assistance while I worked and was never out of work.

My adult kids are given no breaks or freebies. Why do they have to live at different higher standards? They went to school and worked hard to earn what they have so far today, and it's not like we had it in the 70's and 80's. It's a whole different game today and the ones paying for it are those that made this country what is "was". I really don't have a good feeling on where we are headed. It's a shame.

I even see it in the hunting circles and the changes going on there. We have become more divided in many situations.

Never understood the alure of the AMEX. Best I can tell, it was because of the excellent awards program.

Lot’s of businesses refuse to accept it. I expect lots more will now.

I am sofa king glad I’m not in the real world anymore.

Never understood the alure of the AMEX. Best I can tell, it was because of the excellent awards program.

Lot’s of businesses refuse to accept it. I expect lots more will now.

I am sofa king glad I’m not in the real world anymore.
I've had my Amex since 1964, when Visa & MC were still in utero. But..I haven't used it card on a regular basis for a couple decades. Nowm I use it maybe once or twice a year so they don't shut it down for lack of use, like I have had happen with Visa/MC three times. The reason many businesses won't take it is because AMEX takes a bigger cut as its share than the other card issuers do.

I have a Lowes AMEX. I use it 90% at lowes, and cash my points in once a year. $5,000 in lowes gift cards a year, that's why I use it. Free money.

20210503_113957.jpg

One thing I forgot:

We used the AMEX card a lot when it was the ONLY one Costco (Price Club) took at one time. We joined with a business membership in 1979, after returning to Phoenix from Colo. It's been only in recent years where they began accepting Visa but not MC, and they now longer take Amex either.

I suppose I’m “privileged” for having an AMEX card myself. I worked hard, paid my bills on time & over the years earned excellent credit. No creditor ever made it easy for me when I had no credit to speak of. I paid high interest rates & went in debt like a lot of people. I figured it out in my early 30’s & got my crap together. I don’t give a crap what color someone is, you reap what you sow. If you want something bad enough, work for it!!! If one job doesn’t cut it, get a second job.

The wife and I have not used a credit card for about 20 years. Before I retired we paid off the credit cards and cut them up. The only cards we carry in our wallets are debit cards.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom