Got a response from Leupold

B

bucketmouth

This is about the broken vari-x II. They said since the main tube was cracked, they need to charge me $108 and send me a new scope all together. My question is, they are supposed to have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. The scope I sent in was an older one, and main tubes are no longer available. So how can they charge me for something they can't even get? Should I try an fight that, or just pay them?

Jerry

I would definitely discuss it with them.

They used to have an unconditional lifetime warranty; even defining unconditional to include my running over the scope with my pick-up (accidentally) on a scope I bought 2nd hand. My understanding is they have now eliminated "abuse"....running over it with a truck...from the warranty (don't blame them).

More recent experience includes calling and asking to buy a replacement for the turret cap (lost it). They mailed me 3 for free.

(Of course, I don't know how much damage and what the cause is, but to replace one of their higher-end scopes, that's not an unreasonable price.) Good luck!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I think they should send you a new one without charging you.

They are the ones that offered the "lifetime warranty"

I have had similiar experiences with other products as well.
Look at the "bumper to bumper" warranties.

I would try and fight it.

I would discuss it with them. I have never had to much trouble with them. But that is not to bad of a price for the higher end scope. How did you break the tube?

The only manufacturer i have had problems with is stiener. And that is a horrible company to deal with (pioneer research) I will never buy something from them again everything i own is luepold and i own a spotting scope from cabelas and one of my bino's are minox and i have had great luck and customer service with all especially leupold.

I think you should tell everyone how you came in possession of this scope.

The scope came off my dad's gun when he bought a new one. I've had it since I was 15

Interesting,
on the other post there were several MM'ers wetting themselves over Leupold's unconditional warranty.

Thats why I've been on the pone with them a few times today. i'll let you know what happens

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-09 AT 04:50PM (MST)[p]That is why I own Burris
I have a old Burris that they don't make any more it broke.
So I sent it back to them and they said that I could upgrade for x amount of money or they would fix it.I went with fixing it they made a hole new part for it and did not charge me a dime.
Burris has the lifetime warranty.

Well Leupold held up to their good name. just got a call, they are sending me out a brand new one at no charge. Can't beat that

This is why you buy vortex it breaks (no matter what caused it) they send you a new one no questions asked. A year ago I busted the diopter on my razors (no idea how I pulled that off) sent it in to them and sent me a brand new pair. Best customer service I have ever experienced.

Just Living The Dream

GEEZUS Beef Cakes!!!

WETTING OURSELVES???

I BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF MY LEUPOLD 3.5X10 VARI-X III FOR OVER 20 YEARS!!!

HAD SEVERAL BATTLE WOUNDS!!!

SOME 1/16" DEEP IN TO THE TUBE!!!

SHE SWAM A FEW RIVERS!!!

DROPPED SEVERAL TIMES!!!

THE SHOCK OF THE GUN FINALLY TOOK THREADS & FRONT GLASS PIECE FOR A RIDE!!!

SENT HER IN ASKING IF THEY COULD FIX IT!!!

A WEEK LATER I HAD A BRAND NEW SCOPE!!!

AS TIME GOES ON I SEE ALOT OF WARRANTIES/GUARANTEE'S THAT AIN'T WORTH THE PAPER THEY'RE WROTE ON!!!

I WILL GIVE LEUPOLD CREDIT,stinky WILL DISAGREE WITH ME BUT FOR A POOR BOY LIKE MYSELF THEY AIN'T A BAD SCOPE!!!

IN MY NEXT LIFE I'M EITHER GONNA BE A RICH BITTCH OR MARRY ONE & TRY THE FINER THINGS IN LIFE!!!

BUT UNTIL THEN MY LEUPOLD WILL HAVE TO DO!!!

SOMTIMES TO GET IN ON A PISSCUTTER IT TAKES SOME STEALTH!!!
I THANK MY FRIEND Feleno FOR THE STEALTH CAMO!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

THAT is the company with whom I've done business for a LONG time.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Good deal bucketmouth. Glad it worked out for you.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom