Gore-Tex Reconditioning

G

gaetz

I've got a Simms Gore-Tex coat that I've have for close to 10 years. Needless to say, it's lost its effectivness in repelling water. I've tried a few products that promise to work but no go. I've treated the coat very well and it doesn't have holes or came in contact with materials that have compromised the jacket....at least that I know of.

Have any of you reconditioned GoreTex and would you care to share your methods?

Thanks guys

gaetz

steel_trash_can.jpg

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I agree with the first reply. Gortex is a finely woven cloth with the openings between the threads too small for water to pass through. With use the cloth stretches and the space between the threads open up enough to let water through. This usually happen first on top of the shoulders and top of the knees since these areas get the most movement.

I don't know anything you can do for it, could try spaying with waterproofing but that wears off pretty fast.

I have had the same problem. I Did a JB on it went to Browning outlet today. 30 percent off a reduced price Labor day sell.
Love my gortex but it wears out. 10 years. All over the country and part of Idaho never let me down.

Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom