Gopro hero2

Stubaby

Very Active Member
Thinking about burning some cabelas points on one. Anybody tried Taking pics or video through a spotter with one? They look like they would be cool to have for hunting and fly fishing, just wondering what the pros and cons are.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

I love my go pro. I dont have the 2 but it takes great video and still shots. The only down fall is there is no zoom and the water tight case muffs out alot of the sound. I dont think it would do good through a spotter because there is no screen to view what you are doing so you could get it centered in the spotter. I will have to try it now just to see. It takes great video for upland game or waterfowl hunts. I got my sons first duck hunt and his first swan all on video, hands free. Plus 2 LE elk hunts as well. If you are trying to video long range they are no good. I thought about buying one for along time, and finally broke down and spent the money and in my opinion it was a good choice. I take mine every where with me.

I have the Hero2. You can buy an LCD back for it to see what you are shooting. I have only had mine a couple of months so i am just still playing around with it. It is a well designed and well built system. I haven't tried shooting it thru a spotting scope yet so I can't tell you how that would work. I do know that it has a wide angle lens on the still photos (almost like a fish eye lens) and the photos look pretty cool with it.

Darkcloud, what are you doing for camo of the camera? What about the red LED in low light conditions? Any concerns with the LED spooking game?

Thanks,

Horniac

I have one and I don't think it's going to shoot through the spotter. It's a wide angle lens with no zoom. I played with mine with my swarovski and no good.
If I had to do it over again, I might would have not bought the GoPro. My Nikon takes good video and stills and shoots through the spotter.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

You can get one Free if you buy a new Yamaha!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

There is modes on the camera that you can turn off the led light and the beep. If you want to camo it, try some camo duct tape on it. I also have a nikon for my spotter and other pics, but you cant beat the hands free videos you get from a go pro.

I think I might ne getting me one of these for all my hunting I do, especially for ducks/ geese and pheasants. And to watch my dog work.

Hero 2 is a great little camera. Buy the motorsports edition, it comes with several mounting options.

It will not work through a spotter, too wide. I tried it on my 15s.

If you are looking to buy only 1 camera to carry hunting, i would not recommend it. But, You can not buy a better secondary camera, in my opinion.

I think I'm gonna grab one. I'd like to have one on my head when I put the stalk on a Muley or speed goat.

What are decent cameras for taking pictures through spotters?

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

Look at the Sports-Vue 360.

I think its a better cam, all around. Way better in low light, has a screen to view what your filming, similar mounting options. You can also play back your video in the field, on the camera. Audio quality is way better than I expected, but blows out in the wind.

Really high quality 1080 HD, and good pictures.

It is a "no zoom" wide angle lense, the Hero2 is 2x.

No good for digiscoping, even with the screen.

And, its $50 cheaper ;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom