Goose Hunting

Wyobowhunt

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-10 AT 07:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-10 AT 07:56?PM (MST)

I thought that I would share a couple pics from this year. I also have a question about what would you guys would pay for a unregistered puppy? The reason I am asking is the lab in the picture is great, I mean great dog but is not registered. I want to get a puppy out of her for myself, but not sure what to charge for the rest of them. I have had lots of people that want them and even had a guy offer 2000 for her until he found out she is not registered. She is very big for a female at 103 pounds. Thanks in advance for any imput. Couple different times out for my dad, grandpa and me.
100_1798.jpg

100_1784.jpg

100_1810.jpg

100_1801.jpg

100_1802.jpg

i paid about $900 for my lab. pure bred with a long history of AKC. his dad was a grand champion of the American Gun dog.

Don't pass on the first day if you would shoot it the last day

Nice pics. I wouldn't pay anything for an unregistered Lab and I doubt anyone else would either. I also wouldn't buy a Lab from anyone who wasn't a reputable breeder. Just look in your local paper, Lab puppies are a dime a dozen. Also go to your local pound, it'll be full of Lab puppies that people couldn't sell. Backyard breeders are ruining the breed. Do yourself a favor and get your dog spayed and when you feel you need another dog, buy one from a reputable breeder and I'm sure you'll get one just as good as the one you have now.

While I tend to agree, I must say an AKC registration does not mean squat as to whether a breeder is reputable or not. The AKC is all about the money and has been for many years now. An AKC certificate and a 5 dollar bill might buy you a happy meal.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I breed akitas for antler hunting and have been breeding them for awhile. And in my opinion as a breeder a dog should not be bred unless it is inline with your breeds standard and by breeding it will improve the breed itself. Labs are the most popular dog right now and have been so for awhile and that means there is alot of bad breedings going on so people can make a buck and the breed will suffer from these backyard breeders that lack the ethics or knowledge to successfuly breed a pup that is to the breed standard and free of genetic disease. My advice to you is leave the breeding to the breeders, get a pup from a successfull and reputable breeder with proven hunting lines and enjoy having a healthy hunting dog by getting her fixed.

When I say reputable breeder, I don't mean someone who is just selling AKC registered dogs. I mean someone who has been doing it awhile, whos dogs are CERF certified, OFA certified, has the pedigree that goes back several generations, has field trial and master hunter champions in its background and all that sort of stuff.

I understand what you guys are saying, but the guy that wanted to buy her wanted her for breeding so I think that I have an awsome dog. Thanks for the imput registered means nothing to me. I have had two registered dogs that do not compare to this one. Both of them also came from great hunting bloodlines and breeders that are well know. There are several guys that want pups out of her, that is why I asked the question.
Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom