Goose hunt w/ son

huntFX4

Went up from Utah and hunted geese with a couple of my Marines southwest of Boise ID Friday. 4 of us had our limit in the first hour of light. I also got a mallard, first bird of the set, and then shot the pheasant they guy is holding up after leaving to get the trucks to pick up the decoys from the field. We got more ducks later in a different field that day and more pheasants we walked up around lunch. Sorry for the low quality photo, its a cell phone picture.
Sunday, went back out with the guy who took us out but had my son with me this time. He got his limit and I shot 3. Tough that day due to dense fog. Gave some to the guy who helped us out. Great hunting!
4b31438b4a4ecbd9.gif

4b3143aa4ac6caa5.jpg

The roosters out there were really fat with alot of meat. But not quite as big as the geese, probably just the picture.

Nothing like the sound of a 10 lb goose falling out of the sky and hitting the ground right next to you! THUD! I swear you could knocked out by one! Thats a bunch and fun time no doubt. I gotta get back into that.

Several years ago my brothers and I were laying on our backs shooting geese coming into our decoys. As we blasted them they started "raining" from the sky directly into us. I rolled to avoid one and got hit in the side by another one. Hurt like hell but was so much fun I didn't mind. Good thing I had multiple layers and a thick down coat.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom