Google Earth image quality

WapitiBob

Long Time Member
I have been asked about GE image quality a few times so I thought I would share this.
GE uses the same images whether you have the free version or the $400 version. Those images have a varying degree of clarity however, depending on who's images they belong to. If you zoom out with GE you will see the patchwork of images they use. Many have a dark green color to them. Some are extremely clear.
This image is the boundary where two different images, from different suppliers, touch.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/94331utahimage_.jpg

That is the thing I dislike the most about Google Earth, is that you get great photos and bad ones right next to each other. I swear that the suppliers know where I hunt so they don't let me us the good pictures and they are all ghostly instead.

Dillon

One thing you can do is turn on the image history button and then there is a sliding bar with photo dates, so you can look back at some different (sometimes better) photos if available than the one presently being shown or see if any habitat changes have taken place(fires, new homes or other)

Stop Global Whining

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom