Good to See Something Different

bullskin

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-13 AT 02:44AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-13 AT 02:42?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-13 AT 02:40?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-13 AT 02:34?AM (MST)

Over the years, my best bucks have come from California's D and C zones, but sometimes its good to get out and smell the sage. This was my year to draw a far-northern X zone and hunt the lavas that I learned back when my knees were young. The biggest change I have noticed over the years is that there are fewer hunters, but the prevalence of ATVs means that mature deer are squeezed into even smaller hideaways than before. During the pre-season, I located a four-by-five that became my first choice buck as well as the 4x4 that I ultimately took (apparently, I still cannot resist trying a good buck when he's on the verge of escape). The 4x4 taped slightly over 25 inches and 170 gross. As far as I know, the 4x5 is still out there...

I wish you luck, wherever your tag.

3506pict0142.jpg

527100_1903.jpg

Nice!
I will be leaving Tuesday for the last five days in X-2.
Did you run into any closures or problems caused by the Fed shutdown?

Nice buck!! I too can't hardly pass up a shot when looks like they're getting away! lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Really nice Buck congrats.
Cali has some really good Muley hunting problem is you just can't get the tags often enough.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom