good reloader

paddlehead

I am looking for some information about a good quality and reasonably priced reloader.

Can someone please point me in a good direction of a scale & reloader?

Much appreciated!!

The advise I got when I started was the RCBS rockchucker. That's the advise I would give you. Can't go wrong with it.

Have you ever reloaded before? What are you going to be reloading for? straight-wall cases, bottleneck? What kind of volume?It makes a difference. You won't save money reloading, you'll just shoot more. Also, once you start reloading, you never stop buying reloading equipment. I started about 25 years ago with a rcbs kit. It is a good place to start for low-volume shooting.

^^^ what he said!
We need more information from you if you really want help.

That said, RCBS kits are great places to "start". It works great for precision rifle loading.
But for pistol you'll end up with a high volume progressive loader that will spit out ammo faster than you can shoot it!

Zeke

Started reloading a few years ago with an old RCBS. Thing has to be 40 some odd years old but works flawlessly. A friend bought the Lee and broke the first week. I think that be enough said.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Just wanting to get into it. The calibers we shoot are 22-250, 270 and 30-378.

Mostly for the 22-250 cause that will get the most plinking cause its a little more affordable than the other two.

a simple single stage kit would get you well on your way if that's what you are loading for. A turret press is nice also so you aren't constantly removing dies.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-13 AT 07:49PM (MST)[p]For the calibers you mentioned, I would get the RCBS Master Kit as it will give you everything you need to get started, even a reloading manuel. You will just have to get the dies in the calibers you plan to reload.
RCBS is top notch reloading equitment, and they stand behind their product. If it breaks or become defective they will replace.

Regular price for the kit is $327.00, Midsouth Shooters is running a special on the RCBS kit for $288.95 right now. I do not know how much longer that special will be in effect. They have a website where you can check it out.

RELH

I bought the hornady kit a few years back. It has worked well for me. If you are reloading 30-378 buy a neck sizing die. The full length die will really stretch the cases out and will shorten the life of them. Get a good casetrimmer from day one too because after one firing you will need to trim the wby.

>RCBS rockchucker kit is a good
>way to go.
>Comes with about all you need.
>

Well, except for components. Good luck with that part.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom