Good Reading ?

H

hagar

I have been reading some of Jack O'Connors book Big Game Hunts ,and Sheep and Sheep Hunting,I have enjoyed the stories as have my 2 boys.I am new to sheep hunting and would like to read more stories of sheep hunts and mountain hunts.What books have you guys read and would recommend ? Thanks.

horns in the high country by andy russel and anything by Duncan Gilchrist. . . .

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-08 AT 08:58PM (MST)[p]TFinalshot Thanks for the reply,I have read Andy Russel's books.In fact he was my inlaws neighbor,and my wife has most of his books sighed by Andy himself.I will have to see if I can find some of Duncan's books.Great pics on your site,would sure like to see moresheep like those roaming the hills.

You will thoroughly enjoy any of Duncan's books. He has insight which can be appreciated. Don't over-look his book on mountain goats.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Hunt High is one of Duncan's better books. Covers several types of mountain game hunting. Another one of my favorites from him is Quest for Dall Rams. That guy packed a lot of life into his 66 years!

The father inlaws ranch is on the north side of the buffalo paddocks of Waterton Park and just south of 'The Hawks Nest' where Andy Russel lived.

Thanks for the titles,I will have to see if I can get those.

"Quest for Dall Sheep" by Jack Wilson. The story of Swanks hunt when he killed the world record Dall is in there. Jack flew him in. Can get from Wildsheep Foundation(FNAWS).

"Skyline Pursuits" by John Batten, 50 years of sheep hunts from the 30's-80's. There are limited editions but also trade editions from Amwell Press.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Alaska Yukon Trophies Won and Lost... is a good read, back in the early teens.
Great Rams is another one and The Desert King and I also a good book.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom