Good Luck CA Hunters!

C

CHWine

My guests don't arrive until Sunday afternoon but I know some of you will take to the field tomorrow. Really nice to see the weather change for the better. I hope to post pics early next week!

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Man I'm jealous folks will be out flinging arrows tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone! Let's see those pics!!!

I SAW 3 BUCKS AND 7 DOE TODAY WHILE WOOD CUTTING, GOT A NEW BOW & CANT WAIT...............................YD.

CHWine, and good luck to you and your hunters. Look forward to seeing any Blacktail bucks posted and those taken by bow sure don't have to have any real size as they are all trophies!!

Used to love hunting archery with the plain Jane bow i had back in the early 70's. Season was on and i remember hunting the 4th of July. With serious scouting every evening after dinner starting a month before that, and then with the rifle season running well into the last parts of Sept, made for a nice long season. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

DSC02430.jpg

DSC02423.jpg

photobucket-1491-1342360249324.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

photobucket-2395-1342360091726.jpg

www.bowhuntingetc.blogspot.com

crazy the buckeye trees still have there leaves over there,all dried up on this side of the valley.

Bigsur, Nice, real nice! I too thought that drop might have been his last years, very similar. Where i hunted them Blackies, 4 pointers were like finding hens teeth!

Congrats, that's a Dandy!! Nice lookin bunch of gear too!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Way yo go BSA....good start to the season! Congratulations on a fine velvet blackie.

BOHNTR )))---------->

The last two days my two hunters have seen a fair amount of does and fawns, but nothing to shoot yet. Both guys moved their stands last night. Hoping for a bit of luck. One guy has to leave tomorrow.

CHWine, thanks for your update, was wondering how your hunters were doing. If it were easy, everybody would be doing it! :)

DWarcher, Congrats man on that beautiful Blacktail. No easy feat and a dandy buck to boot!!

Joey

Real Nice Zackman, that's a shooter with a rifle where i come from! Big ol body on that dude, the buck that is! :)

Congrats!! All real nice Blacktail bucks and i'm thoroughly enjoying this thread seeing you guys out there after them!!

Joey

I had my dog out last night tracking a cripple. We found blood about 350 yards from the impact spot but then she started getting into other deer sign (I think). This wounded deer was also going up hill for quite a while which isn't good either. We got back to the house and watched the impact on TV and it looked a bit low and possibly on the point of the shoulder too.

Gonna get my dog out there again today and do our best. Bummer.

No luck. Took one of my good buddies out this morning with Peewee and gave it a serious go. Checked a couple of water sources as I've heard wounded critters might feel the need to drink...nothing. I hope this buck isn't hit that hard and makes it. My last hunter has 9-10 more hours and he'll be headed home tomorrow. I was out taking down tree stands today too. Man, I need these guys to leave so I can get back to work and get some sleep!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom