Good left over tag

W

washingtonmuley

I was one of the unsuccessful wyoming antelope applicants. I was looking at the left over tags and not sure if I should apply for one or not. What would be a good unit for a chance at a decent Buck? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

It all really depends on your definition of a good antelope. Most of the leftover areas consist of more private than public lands and some of the areas are almost entirely private. You can probably find a 12-13" buck just about anywhere but if you are looking for trophy class bucks you will probably have to pay an access fee to get on a ranch. For example, I was in your situation last fall and I called around to several state biologists to get info on possible hunting spots. I was told 56 had plenty of good bucks but the going rate for access to private property was around $500 per day with a 3-day minimum. I ended up going to 42 on a walk in area and killed a buck. I had a good time and saw some new country. Very few hunters and no interference at all. Plus I met the rancher who owned the area and he was a great guy. You can find a place to hunt in just about any area if you do enough homework. Depends on how much you want to pay and whether you want a trophy head or a trophy hunt. Personally, I look at the quality of the hunt rather than the quality of the head. Send me a PM if you have any more questions. I can give you some more specifics.

Tim

We have lots of left over tags in our area that I guide. If you are interested in talking you can call me any time. The left over tags are available to purchase starting today. Good luck.

God Bless and see you in the outdoors,

Jon and Stacy Ball
1-877-347-4662
www.JonsOutdoors.com
Which is
Gimme A Go Fishing Adventures (Columbia River Sturgeon & Salmon)
JS Outfitters (Wyoming Deer and Antelope Hunts)
Thorne Bay Lodge (Hunting and Fishing in Alaska)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom