Good junior hunt?

180SST

I'm kinda jumping the gun, but was wondering where a good place to take a kid under 12 for a big game hunt would be? I know most western states have an age requirement of 12 so im wondering if NM is the only state where this is possible if so what do you recommend and where? If you have other ideas I would also appreciate those too!

My kids have always loved our family antelope hunts, even when they weren't old enough to hunt themselves. They get pretty dang excited when anyone kills an animal. Depending on what you are hunting, a youngster carrying a .22 or .410 or 20 ga can hunt small game and birds as well. A .22 short is amazingly quiet and what sound there is doesn't carry far.

If you are dedicated to getting him started on big game, you may consider heading to some of the states where the kids hunt whitetails. I expect they are to the east...

I love having my kids with me and my kids love hunting and the outdoors! I'm just starting to get excited about thier hunting career, and making even more great memories with them like my dad has done with me!
69622008.jpg
1497drake_2008.jpg

7971boys2008.jpg

4366boys2009.jpg

4717boys_2010.jpg
They LOVE thier Grandpa!
895531.5.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom