Good ground blind

smitty

Very Active Member
I posted this in the hunting gear forum, but I don't think anybody ever goes there.

Anyhow, I'm planning on doing a spring bear hunt with my 5 year old boy, and want to do it in a ground blind over bait. I've been checking out some blinds on Cabelas, just wondering what I need to really be looking for, and what blind is the best for the price?

My ground blind for baiting bears would be made of sheet metal with a locking door. I don't know where you can buy one though.

Sorry, no busy streets close to my house.

Eel

How much you wanna spend? I like to use pop ups cause there easy to set up and light weight. I use either primos blind or ameristep.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-12 AT 10:10AM (MST)[p]I have two Ameristep blinds and like them both. My Ameristep penthouse blind is fairly big and I chose it because I can shoot a longbow out of it. It would seat two easily. My doghouse blind is easy to pack in and out and I use it a lot for shooting video. You can easily fold either one up in about 30 seconds...

http://youtu.be/gNcAw8GStLk

You can find the doghouse blinds on sale for around $50.00. I have had both of my blinds for over 5 years and they are still in good shape...... Terry

I got the Ameristep Brotherhood blind this past summer for my son and I to archery hunt from. Thing seems well built, is big, and easy to set up. One afternoon we had a crazy thunderstorm blow through and just trashed the blind. I mean the hoop poles got all intertwined and we thought thing was ruined. Spent and hour or so pushing, bending, and pulling poles and we were able to get it back into normal working shape without any damage. I am very pleased. I compared the the Double Bull and found the double bull seeming to be of lesser quality. IDK just seem since Primos took them over their product line has lost some.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom