Good Gawd, 11 Billion 2nd quarter

We're still get shafted in Utah, i paid $3.91 a gal for regular in Evanston Wyo over the weekend, diesel was $4.62.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Just think that their stock went down a couple dollars today because the earnings were under what they thought they should be. Crazy

What the Liberal news fails to mention:

According to CNN, Exxon Mobil once again reported the largest quarterly profit in U.S. history Thursday, posting net income of $11.68 billion on revenue of $138 billion in the second quarter.
That profit works out to $1,485.55 a second.

Buried in the story we also find that "In addition to making hefty profits, Exxon also had a hefty tax bill. Worldwide, the company paid $10.5 billion in income taxes in the second quarter, $9.5 billion in sales taxes, and over $12 billion in what it called 'other taxes.'"

MP: In other words, Exxon Mobil paid $32.361 billion in taxes in the second quarter, which works out to $4,114 in taxes per second. Another way to look at it - Exxon paid almost $3 in taxes ($32.361 billion) for every $1 in profits ($11.68 billion), see chart above.

[http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewarticle+articleid_2459357&title=Exxon_Posts_Record.html]

I read where their oil production was also down 8% from the second quarter a year ago. So, lump the 8% on top of the profits and it really gets interesting.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-08 AT 04:07PM (MST)[p]Good for them! Its better than all these dictatorships and oil producing countries that support terrorism making it isn't it?

shpsgr-

I don't believe your numbers are accurate or Exxon would not be in business very long...

cbeard....
I think his numbers are good. I believe that in the mentioned article the way they are showing profits is whats left over after everything else has been paid, including taxes, wages, everything else. The effect was to show that they are paying a ton of taxes.
The are still making a heck of a lot of money though.

HEY CUPSY!!!

LITTLE George CARES!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom