Good Cold Weather Boot...

• Thread starter coolspringoutfitters
  • Start date
C

coolspringoutfitters

Hey guys,
I am in the market for a good cold weather boot. I need one that I can use on the late hunts that is waterproof and warm. The guy at Cabelas recommended a 400 gram thinsulate Gortex boot, what would you recommend???
Thanks in advance for the help,
CSO

It's all about the good times...

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

Depends on how you're gonna hunt... If you plan on doing a lot of walking/hiking the 400 gram will be good... If you're gonna do a lot of sitting/glassing and it's cold nothing beats a good pair of felt packs...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Not too cold, probably 20 degrees and above. Both moving around and spotting...

CSO

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

For those temps and that type of hunting 400 gram is more than enough.. Don't overlook the importance of good socks.. You can wear an active type of sock (leave the cotton at home) and have a pair of nice warm wool/poly blend sock in yer pack for when you get to a place you wanna sit.

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Thanks Snort...
Any recommendation on brand or model? I was converted to the goodness of wool last year, thats all I wear these days.

CSO

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

I too wear Danner and love them.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

For 20 degrees I'd get the 800 gram model. But they will be hot on warmer days.

DON'T OVERLOOK WATERPROOFING! If your feet get wet, they will be cold.

USA made Danners last for many, many, miles. And then you resole them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom