Golden lab

R

rackman

Hey guys, my sister in law is looking for a female pure bred golden lab pup with papers. If anyone is selling one or knows of one for sale please let me know.

What is her goal for the dog? Is she wanting just a family dog or will the dog be used to hunt? If a family dog is her goal, a pup from strong hunting lines might be a bad choice, they will have more drive and therefore not as mellow. Also labs have a lot of health issues so she will want to choose a pup whose parents have been tested for the issues that labs have, such as hips, eyes and elbows. Give me a bit more info and ill see what I can find.

She is looking for a family dog. She is single and is looking for a dog to take out hiking, walking etc. Thanks for the help Micah.

Make sure to do your research on it before you buy. As shummy said they have quite a few health problems, but with the right parents they can lead long healthy lives. It really sucks to have to see your companion go through it all, and pay the vet bills.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I will ask around, if she plans to keep the dog active a pup from hunting lines would be fine. Have her look on ksl. Just make sure to ask about health clearances.

Would that be a Golden Retriever or a Yellow Lab?

I know they are bred to each other quite often, but I was not aware that "Golden Lab" was, as yet, a recognized breed.

No matter. Just be sure you get a hip certification.

Lol justr, the meth lab would be to high strung. Ya sorry I meant yellow lab not golden.

My labs have always been hunting as well as house/family dogs. I also used to field trial labs I think the idea that a hunting line can't be a family dog is both. My yellow lab has retrieved over 70 pheasants this year 30 geese and a mess of ducks sleeps at the foot of the bed an is never a problem in the house. I would never buy a lab pup without parents hips and eyes certified.

duckdawgs.com is a site although probably too far from you that has some great lines in Ne. Colorado and the Dakotas. Good luck the yellow I have now is 2 and has turned into my best in over 15 labs I have owned in the last 35 years.

My Brother in Law is selling Golden Retreivers if interested, the pups are about 4 weeks old now.

Thanks guys for all of the help. I found her a great dog out of richfield, she is going up tomorrow to pick the pup up. Bigjohn I will remember that when I am ready to get my bird dog. Do you use your dog for hunting?

Yes Hunter is out of pointing lab stock. He is a awesome hunter. I had a professional trainer out Overton help get him started. He is also a great family dog.
If you are thinking of a lab like Hunter. The kennels web site is www.pointinglabradors.com

Bigjohn the guy with the lab pups in Diamond valley did he ever live off of river road and I think 1450? Here is a pic of my old white lab Murphy she looks a lot like yours.

64911-28-2010_032.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom