Gold Rush show

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I hate the show, but I have to watch it.

They keep saying someone is about to hit the mother lode. That can't be right because they're all placer mining. The mother lode refers to a hard rock mine.

If anyone hits it big, I think it must be the kid at the Big Nugget mine. He seems to be the only one who knows what he's doing.

I don't think the Hoffman's could get 1000 ounces of gold in a hundred years. Me and rutnbuck could get more gold with a 4' sluice box and a garden trowel than these guys.

Eel

I'm with you... Its so cheesy at times, but I keep coming back for more. My biggest pet peeve is that half the show is recap of last episode/what happened before the commercial break. I do like the young kid, Parker, not too many 17 year olds with that type of work ethic anymore!

2a0fcsk.gif

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-12 AT 07:55PM (MST)[p]the two utards in "jungle gold" are interesting. They need angel moroni's help

I like the Gold Rush show way better than the Jungle Gold show. Watch them both though. I can't help but pull for all the guys, except dakota fred, to hit it big!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>I like the Gold Rush show
>way better than the Jungle
>Gold show. Watch them both
>though. I can't help but
>pull for all the guys,
>except dakota fred, to hit
>it big!
>
>Joey
>
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Yea, Fred is a turd.

I'm always waiting for the next set back. Thank god for DVR, That way the show is only about 20 minutes w/o commercials. Fred is a turd, got what he deserved when Parker yanked the bridge.

If I hear the words "I guarantee" again I am going to drive up to Alaska and ring those words out of the vocabulary! Makes me crazy every time I hear it...

I GARANTEE You're gonna hear it again if you keep watchin it!

That's a Long Drive for an ASS-WHOOPIN!:D

Them Hill-Billy Alaskans ain't the Smartest of Breed!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I understand that depending on their role on the show, some of them make around 25K per episode.

Maybe that's the motherlode they are referring to?

They're all idiots. What kind of dumb ass tears out his rig then calls to find out it'll be 3 weeks till the new stuff gets there? Then he paints "for sale" on a piece of plywood like somebody is gunna drive by. That whole place is locked up so nobody can get in.

That was my one and only episode for the year. Wife grounded me for swearing at the tv.

>I understand that depending on their
>role on the show, some
>of them make around 25K
>per episode.
>
>Maybe that's the motherlode they are
>referring to?

Exactly - that is the only reason they are able to keep going, and Todd Hoffman knows it, sure he would like to hit gold and they really are mining and have real investors, but those guys would have left him high and dry after the first season if they weren't getting paid by Discovery. If you watched the episode where they went down to South America to see what the mining would be like down there and the follow up episode, it was pretty clear he was working the producers just as hard as he was working the mine. The guy is dumb like a fox. I think Dakota Fred plays the role of the heel just for the drama and the ratings, that little "fight" between him and Parker was as staged and contrived as anything I have ever seen.

And yes, pulling out the wash plant 3 weeks before the new one arrived was all for the cameras. Ridiculous.

But I have to keep watching!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Y'all do realize that 99% of these reality shows are 99% scripted bullchit right?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>Y'all do realize that 99% of
>these reality shows are 99%
>scripted bullchit right?
>
>

Ya, I doubt everything I see on reality shows.

And I hope Dakota Fred gets washed down the river when the flood comes. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom